Why so tense Potter?

Harry POV

"Come on, Harry!" Exclaims Hermione, "Let's go! I cannot believe you haven't been to the beach before."

"Well, the Dursley's don't usually jump to invite me on their family vacations," I reply, getting into the passenger seat of Hermione's new red convertible.

"Oh, come on, Harry!" She says, getting into the drivers seat, "You literally live two blocks away from the beach. Couldn't you just...sneak out?"

There she goes again. My best friend Hermione Granger is the ultimate party freak, while at the same time she's a book nerd who studies during study hall and gets all A's on her assignments. I don't know how she does it, but she does.

Me? I'm just Harry Potter. Well...others don't think so. You see, my parents are famous for their work as spies. They died when I was two and left me to live with the Dursley's. I'm pretty popular at school, but I just wish I had my parents back. I would rather be the most unpopular kid in the world and have my parents back, then be where I am now.

Of course, that'll never happen.

Hermione stops the car, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"We're here!" She squeals, "See, I told you how close you live to the beach."

I send her a fake smile and get out of the car.

"Ooh!" Hermione squeals, "Neville, over here!"

"Hey guys. Harry, nice to see you," Says Neville, walking over.

"How's Ginny?" Asks Hermione.

"Ginny? Oh, yeah, we broke up like last week. You're missing things, 'Mione. Better catch up quick before Pansy takes your place," Jokes Neville.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I've gone a week without knowing this!" Gasps Hermione.

"Well, it's not like she wanted to shout it across the whole world. Longbottom dumped me! Haha, I don't think so."

"Wait, you broke up with her?" I ask.

"Yep. I like someone else."

"Well, it was nice talking to you, Neville. Come on, Harry!" Says Hermione, dragging me further out onto the beach.

As we're walking a certain person catches my eye. Malfoy.

"Hermione, what's Malfoy doing here?" I ask.

"I dunno, visiting the beach like everyone else? You have got to stop obsessing over him, Harry."

"I am not obsessing over him!"

"Okay. Think what you wanna think, golden boy," She says, ruffling my hair.

"Hey, I said not to call me that."

"Whatever, Harry."

"Hey, um..I'll be right back, 'Mione.."

"Are you gonna go stalk Malfoy again?"

"No..."

"Harry."

"I just...I'll be right back."

I run away before she can respond. Malfoy slips into an abandoned surf board store. That's strange. Well, he is Malfoy. Pretty much the school's most unpopular kid. He's bullied a lot. One time Hermione punched him in the face.

I follow Malfoy into the building, taking extra caution with being quiet. He stops at a wall. Just standing there.

"Why are you following me?" He asks. I jump.

He turns around. "So you can beat me up? Beat me up like all your little friends do!? Go away, Potter.."

"I-I didn't..I-"

"Save it."

I stare at him.

"Why do you even hang out with them?" He asks, "I've seen the things they do, the things you don't do. Harry, you're nothing like them."

A shiver rolls down my spine when he calls me Harry instead of Potter.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Malfoy takes a step closer to me. Soon, my back is against the wall and his hands are on either side of my head.

"Why so tense, Potter?" He asks and I shiver.

"Please," I whisper, looking into his grey eyes, "Call me Harry."

"What?"

"Call me Harry."

"Harry."

"Say it again."

He moves closer, his face inches away from mine. "Harry."

He moves even closer. And, right before closing the gap between us, whispers, "Harry."

Malfoy pins my arms above my head with one hand, and cups my face with the other, using his thumb to delicately stroke my cheek. I lick his bottom lip and he ignores me, continuing to brush his lips against mine slowly.

This isn't enough. I need him. I need to be closer, closer. I bite his lip, making him open his mouth, and slide my tongue is. Malfoy makes a noise and slips his tongue into my mouth, exploring it.

I struggle to pull my hands away from Malfoy, but he has a firm grasp. He runs his one free hand along my body, touching me, but not allowing me to touch him.

"Malfoy," I whisper against his lips. He pulls away.

"Please don't call me that," He says, looking into my eyes.

"Then what do I call you?"

"Draco."

"...Draco."

"I like the way you say it. Can you say it again, please?"

His gentle tone is a nice change from his usual one.

"Draco," I whisper, connecting my lips to his.

He drops my hands and places both of his on my chest, feeling every part of it through my shirt. I run his silky blonde hair through my fingers. Draco slips his tongue into m-

"Harry!"

Hermione.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," I whisper.

"Same place, same time, tomorrow?" Draco asks.

"Okay."

He stares into my eyes, breathing heavily, before crashing his lips into mine for one last kiss. I pull away.

"Goodbye, Draco," I smile, dashing towards Hermione.