Sapphire

After breakfast, I helped my mom clean up the dishes. My dad had already gone upstairs to change into his work clothes. "So, Mom, what do we have to do today?" I ask as I scrape leftover eggs into the disposal. "Well," she replies. She pauses, thinking. "We have to collect the eggs from the chickens and milk the cows. Luckily this isn't one of our busy days." Yay! Days that aren't busy are the best. I just get to sit back and relax. My mom will make a nice dinner, and later, my dad will start a game of football. I love lazy days.

After I did my chores, I hosed off in the yard and went inside. I went upstairs to my room and changed into a T- shirt and jeans, and laid down on my bed. I sighed a sigh of relief. Suddenly, I heard a buzz. I looked over at my desk to see my year-old computer signaling I had a message. It was from my friend Margot. I had met her during when I went to a weeklong technology camp. My parents don't think I really have any friends, and I guess you could say I don't, but Margot is someone I can confide in. And I hope she knows she can confide in me.

I'm not sure where Margot lives, but I'm pretty sure it's in London. I walk over to my desk and click on the alert. Margot's face appears on the screen. "Hey!" She says, smiling. I sit down behind the desk. "Hi Margot, How are you?" The biggest smile lights up across her face. "Sapphire, You'll never believe it! I have a mom! Her name is Lucy and she is so pretty and kind. Edith and Agnes love her, too." Oh, I forgot about Margot's sisters. Edith was this short, tough, little blonde-haired fireball with a big floppy hat. And Agnes was so cute! She had black hair and little dimples. Margot told me she loved unicorns. "That's so awesome, Margot! You must be so happy." I said. Margot beamed. "They had the wedding ceremony a couple weeks ago, and so now Lucy is just settling in." I smiled at Margot. I was happy for her. She had been telling me how much she wanted her dad to find love. Then I heard in the background of Margot's screen, "Margot! Time for lunch!" It was said in a higher pitched voice, with kind of a sing-song way to it. That must be Margot's mom. "Oh," said Margot. "I have to go. Nice talking to you Sapphire!" And she hung up. I went back over to my bed and laid down again. Everything was going just great. Margot had a mom, my parents were safe, and we living perfectly sustainable lives. Quite honestly, at that moment, Nothing could have been better.