[8] Clear.

Six tall figures stood next to each other on the bridge, casting long shadows due to the sun that steadily sunk in the lake underneath them.

Felix and his friends, out of a walk, had decided to stop and lean on the bridge's railing to admire the view. Somewhere along their conversation, they started darting rocks in the water and then a contest ensued: who would dart a rock the farthest.

Felix did his best to not win, at the same time avoiding complete failure. He was still the new guy of the group, and didn't wish to gain any sort of attention, because it made it far easier to integrate.

Still, it was hard not to let himself loose and dart a rock hard enough for it to cross the lake, or maybe round the entire earth and end up kicking him in the back of the neck.

He felt as though the pent up frustration inside of him regarding Vancouver's enigma and Otilia's rejection was enough to allow him that sort of strength.

"Say, Felix. How long have you been growing all this?" Hale asked with an amused grin, reaching out to ruffle Felix's hair.

Whereas it wasn't unusual for men to let their hair grow around those times, Felix's was distinctive due to its volume and richness.

"I wouldn't know... I've always had it long, but I cut it to the shoulder when people start confusing me for a girl."

"Ah, so this is the shortest it gets? What was the longest?"

Felix pressed his hand perpendicular to the elbow.

"No." Gavin deadpanned. "Are you a flower-power under all that?" he tugged the collar of Felix's uniform coat. "I bet you even play the guitar. You play the guitar don't you!"

Felix laughed lazily, leaning on the bridge's rail. "No. I don't have any talent, as a matter of fact. But hey, why not pick at Edgeworth?"

The redhead's hair got as low as his jaw. He scrunched up his freckled nose and glanced away while Hale ruffled him, too. Now that they weren't focused on him, Felix let his smile drop.

But he hadn't taken into consideration Weissmann. He never seemed focused on the things going on, but that itself allowed him to observe everything at once and so Felix should've known better than to let his guard down.

A hand was planted firmly on his shoulder, and then Weissmann was between him and the rest of the group.

"What fly got in your milk?"

His two front teeth, a little distanced from each other, barely peeked from between his lips. The flaw did nothing to alter his handsomeness, with those large eyes and strong nose. Still, the plump lips had to be the most prominent feature about him.

"Just, my cousins."

Weissmann hummed. "Ah, Aurice never quits does she."

"Did she..."

"Yes, she did." he nodded slowly. "Three pints of beer in I almost considered it but 'twas just a passing moment."

Felix laughed. "Come on, she's still my cousin." he knocked their shoulders together. "But no, she's not the main problem."

"I'm listening..."

Felix looked at him. The man's gaze was following passing birds. As always, he kept focus away from his immediate surroundings.

"Vancouver..." Felix sighed. Weissmann wasn't that close of a friend, but his nonchalant attitude made it easy to talk whatever was on Felix's mind, almost as though it was mere monologue. "He got in a fight."