2

I didn't start work until i was fully settled in. I let the company know that I'll be in there a week once I'm finished. It took me three days after i moved in to unpack and have everything placed where it was supposed to be. Silas came to check up on me, even help. Shane and Rick tagged along but Rick always had to leave early because of his wife. It was strange but i ignored the thought. He's a married man anyways. I didn't know what she was like since i haven't gotten to know her yet. For all i know she could be cold hearted or the most friendliest person i know. But that thought faded away quickly.
I had three days to finally relax. To do what i want to do and surprising my nieces was the first thing I had acomplished.
"Aunt Jordan!" Grace and Sky pounced on me as soon as i knocked on the door. They knocked the wind out of me.
"I've missed you guys too." I wrapped them both around my arms, trying my best not to squeeze them.
"Have you guys been behaving well to your dad?" "Nope" they both said in union. I laughed. "Well then you're doing a good job." My attention turned when my sister in law stood in front of the door. Her smile grew as she saw me. "Jordan it's so good to see you!" Right away she hugged me. Well to say, this was different treatment than i would normally get.
"Come in. Girls, get off your aunt." The two never left my side. They were stuck to me like super glue. "Silas told me you were here but I'd figure you would be busy to visit us." My thoughts wondered but i tried to remain on topic while looking at their house. The entry way was right in the living room. "I stayed up till three a.m." "Aunty, We got this new game system...well dad did, and you have to play with me. Grace won't and Carl is a little younger than us but im sure you would right?" "Who's Carl?" As if on cue, a little boy looking six stood in front of us with a women behind him. "I'm Carl." His eyes were crystal blue that looked a lot like...Rick's. Holy cow i was standing in front of Rick's son.
"Hi there Carl." I stood up offering my hand to the woman behind him.

"Jordan this is my good friend Lori."

My God if you were to stand in front of me you would see the dissapointment in my face. I tried so hard not to lose the smile on my face. It was pure embarrassment that's it.

"You're the one my husband and Shane were helping." I took that comment harshly but i chose to ignore it. "Yeah they were such a help." My nerves were getting to me. She smiled.
"It's nice to meet you."

~

Time flew by sharing our past experiences and my struggle to move here. Carl liked the fact i worked with animals and all the kids wanted to visit me at work one day. Leah had invited me to stay for dinner since Rick and Shane were coming with Silas. It was no bother at the time.
Since it seemed Leah had changed a bit, i figured to take the chance to put the past behind us. I also discovered Lori wasn't such a bad person but loved the gossip that happened to people. "Lori, my dad makes the best cupcakes-" "He didn't." Leah intereupted with a shocked look on her face. I couldn't help but to sit there feeling pretty damn special that i was the only child who beheld my dad's seceret recipe. Right away the girls and Carl grabbed each side of my arms begging for them to know.
"If you love me you'll tell us."
"You're my favorite aunt!"
"You're my favorite neighbor!" Carl chimed in making me laugh. Lori had no clue what was happening. "Leah do you want to tell her?" Right away, she took over.

What was said was how this all started. My dad loved Leah even with the things she's done. He took in the real "Forgive and forget" and held onto it. Anyways, my dad used to place random foods into a batter and cook it. It took alot of trial and error until he finally added the seceret ingredients that even my grandparents demanded to know. The only way i got the recipe was because i hid a camera next to where he did all the baking. When he found out he was mad but laughed it off. He told me to tell everyone I got it because i was the only girl. That I'm more trustworthy.

~

Lori and Leah stayed in the kitchen cooking. They disnt want me to help since Leah figured it would be nice to be with the kids again. As the girls and Carl dragged me into the living room in a split second, their mouths opened. "Let's play a game!" Grace jumped up and down while Sky had listed games.
"Hide and go seek in the dark, tag, dance dance revolution, mario..."
Carl jumped excitedly. "Hide and seek!" Carl got real close to me from the time of me just meeting him. He was as sweet as his father. "Okay. Ill be it but take in mine, your dad's will be here in 10 minutes."
The curtains were closed along with every light in the dining room to the living room were turned off. The game continued until the last round when Carl became it. I hid in the coat closet, waiting to be exposed. When it opened i was expecting Carl, instead I got Rick. The light turned on and his piercing blue eyes struck mine with a smirk that formed upon his face. "Carl! I found her." I gave my defeated look at Rick. "Oh you just killed the game Rick." I crossed my arms over as i stepped out. "I tend to do that alot." His accent crumpled me. I lcved hearing it. I hugged each one. Sila, Shane and Rick which i saw Lori in the corner of my eye.
"Dinner is ready."
~
After dinner Rick decided to stay with me in the kitchen to watch Carl make the cup cakes with me. The girls were making the frosting while Carl was putting in the mix. The others were in the living room drinking alcohol.
"Is your dad a good baker?" My eyes lifted up to Rick's who i caught staring at me. "My dad can't cook. My mom does the cooking." "Our dad doesn't cook as much as he used to." The firls added.
"Let me ask you something." I looked at Rick then flicked part of the mix at him. "The master baker only asks questions, not answer."
"Do i get to ask questions too?" Carl looked at me with puppy eyes as he handed me the bowl. "Of course. I need another master baker!" He stuck his tongue out at his dad which he then looked at me. "We got a jealous slave here." I picked up Carl and let him pour the cupcakes in the pan. I felt the eyes behind me. "You just met him and he likes you." Rick finally spoke.
"I'm guess im just good with kids." And with that, Carl this time flicked the left over mix at his dad which lead to me cleaning his face.

~

We all said our good byes while Shane followed me to my house. "It was good to see ya again." He stood awkwardly on my porch. "You two." I smiled and looked at Rick's house. Lori was the last one to enter her house, looking over at Shane. "I'll see you soon?" I couldnt help but feel a heap of emotions. Why is she staring at Shane? Why is she giving me the death look?

I made it home onto my bed, finally. It was a cool night, with my windows open letting in the fresh air. The fresh noise soon took over.

"You're never here for us! You're not here for Carl or me! You're always out with other people or you're married to your damn job!" She scream out her lungs.

Well there went my sleep. The argument sounded alot like Lori's voice. I felt bad for Carl, having to hear his parents arguing. Rick had a job to support his family and Lori didn't understand. Soon there was a knock at my door. As i opened, Rick stood with nothing but the clothes on his back. I was in my sweats and hoodie top looking like a damn mess.

"I don't normally do this but can I stay the night? His eyes looked sad and hurt. You could tell this man was in pain. "Of course." I lead him to the guest bedroom. He was silent, avoiding eye contact.
"Rick, you can talk to me. We may not know eachother for a long time but I'll be open to anything that's on your mind."
His lips parted slightly then closed causing me to place a hand on his back as we sat on the bed.
"You can talk to me"
Then his eyes met mine, telling me everything that's been happening.

I'm going to try to give this book a slow paced love story. I actually have some good ideas that i can't wait to put down already! :D