There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (10)

ابدأ من البداية

"Jordan, Jordan! Wake up, wake up!" the familiar, girly voice said, causing me to sigh in relief when I realized that it wasn't Jesse. I opened my eyes fully to see Lexi grinning down at me, her hair in a side ponytail and duct tape rolls up her arms. Typical Lexi.

"What?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I forced myself to sit up. Even though I really just wanted to sleep and not think about Jesse, I knew that that wasn't going to happen.

"You remember that blonde guy that shares Cabin B with Jesse and his friends?" she asked me excitedly, pulling the rolls of tape off her arms and onto the table. I blinked, trying to think for a moment. Why was she asking me such difficult questions when I had just woken up? Even though the question wasn't difficult at all... But I had just woken up!

"Yeah, sort of," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes again. I definitely wasn't a morning person, even though it wasn't even morning. I just didn't like being woken up. "His name's, like, Alex or something, right?"

Lexi nodded her head. "Yeah, it is! He's in my art class, and he's so cute!"

I blinked, not expecting her to say this. After what had happened with Bruce, she didn't even give any guys a second glance. She said that she would get him back, even though even she thought that that wasn't going to happen. But now she was going all gaga for this Alex guy.

"We're so much alike!" she announced, nodding her head some more in excitement. "He said he liked how I wore duct tape on my arms, because it's unique, and that he liked my hair. He said he's never seen anyone like me before, but it's a compliment, because he said that I was just like him! He's hilarious, and just like me! I told you guys I'd find someone like me in that class! I told you!"

I rolled my eyes at her, laughing a little as I did so. She hadn't been this excited since Bruce asked her out over the summer, since she had liked him for so long before that, but she had been crushed after she found out that he had been cheating on her with Aimee. Lexi must have liked blondes, since both Alex and Bruce were blonde. She was even blonde herself.

"That's great, Lexi," I smiled, not knowing what else I was supposed to say. I hadn't ever spoken to Alex, and I barely got a glimpse of him a few days before, but he sounded like the perfect guy for Lexi. And that was just what she needed, the perfect guy. After what happened with Bruce, all she needed was someone to actually love her. I just sure hoped he wasn't actually some jerky player looking for different girls. That had already happened with Lexi once; I didn't want it to happen again.

"But what about you and Dallas?" Lexi asked suggestively, raising her eyebrows as the subject changed. "AJ told me about how Jesse went back to the shed because his helmet didn't fit and then stormed off with you in tow. What was happening with you and Dallas in that shed, hmm?"

I felt my cheeks heat up as I tried to think of an excuse. Jesse was angry about me kissing Dallas, but why would Lexi be? She would be happy, not angry!

"Well... we were, uh, kissing..." I mumbled, staring down at the blue sheets they lay around me. "And, well, Jesse saw us and got all angry..."

I wasn't about to say anything about how Jesse had pushed me against the wall, because I didn't want her to get worried. I didn't feel any pain now, even though I probably should have, since Jesse was so strong, but I knew that he wasn't going full force when he had pushed me. He was holding back. If he really did mean to hurt me, he would have gone full force.

But I couldn't help but feel a little scared. I mean, come on. Who wouldn't?

"Dallas kissed you again?" Lexi shrieked, causing me to slap a hand over her mouth to shut her up. Adding new like this to her excited mood was not a good mix. I should have waited for her to calm down a little before I told her. Well, too late now.