“Don’t worry, you won’t,” I snap. Her little speech had left me defensive. I wasn’t used to being talked to like that. I shouldn’t be talked to like that. I was angry, and right now, all I wanted to do was make her feel the guilt and jealousy she’d made me feel since we got back. I wanted revenge.

Maedbh’s POV

After Harry’s outburst the rest of the afternoon had been ruined. It had taken me almost 15 minutes to stop shaking and to not feel like I was about to burst into tears and I’d stayed miserable for the rest of my shift. Longest three hours of my life.  Of course I knew it was my fault. But to hear him throw it in my face, to act like I was supposed to have just sat here waiting around for him, it was too much. How could he expect me not to move on when he made no effort to talk to me after it? I really just wanted to be left alone, but it seemed like Luke had other plans.

“Hey babe, get ready, we’re going for dinner at 6” he says over the phone as I get off work.

“I dunno Luke, I really just wanted to stay in, watch a movie or something”

“Sorry babe but we’re going out tonight. Harry called, wanted to meet up. Said something about being for old time’s sake.” At Harry’s name I feel my heart jump. Why did he want to meet up? Was he sorry for what he’d said earlier today? Was this his way of making it up? To show he was ok with Luke and I?

“Harry?” I squeak, double-checking that I’d heard right.

“Yea, out of the blue right? He chuckles “So yea, be ready by 5:30, I’ll pick you up.”

He hangs up and I’m left staring at my phone. My heart rate picks up and a rush of nervousness flows through me. I’d actually see Harry tonight. Out in public. With Luke. Technically, Harry and I had already been out in public together when we’d gone to the zoo or when he’d shown up at the bakery. But Luke didn’t know about that. And Caellum had been with us at the zoo and the bakery was my work so I didn’t count those. This would be the first time everyone would know.

Saying I took a long time to get ready would be an understatement.  I hadn’t taken this long to get ready since my first date with Harry. Definitely not any time with Luke.

Luke honks the horn as he gets to my house, signaling he was here and I hastily slip on my shoes, bolting down the stairs, slowing down when I appeared outside. I didn’t want to appear too excited.

“So he just called you up asking to meet up with us?” I ask as I slip into the car. He smiles, nodding his head slightly.

“Well he showed up at my house a couple nights ago demanding to know if we were dating before just disappearing again. I guess he’d just heard or something. I thought he was angry, but I don’t know. I guess he’s changed his mind,” he says with a hopeful smile. I instantly feel a twinge of guilt. Luke sounded so hopeful. Like maybe this could be the beginning of regaining his old friend. If only he knew the full story. I knew what night he was referring to. The night of the zoo visit when I’d told him we were dating. He’d dashed out so fast; I guess he went to get confirmation from Luke instead of just believing me like last time.

When we get to the restaurant, Harry isn’t there yet so we get a drink from the bar while we wait.  Harry had called in the reservations, so we couldn’t go sit until he was here.

I almost spit out my drink when he walks in. Or should I say they.

“You remember Hannah right?” he asks with a smirk as the two of them walk over. Of course I did. Harry had told me that she’d had a thing for him before I’d been there, and she’d made it quite clear how much she’d despised our relationship. Now looking at her, I could see she hadn’t changed one bit. She was practically glued to his side in the skankiest outfit I’d ever seen. How her butt wasn’t already hanging out, I don’t know. I’d gone for the casual look, not wanting to appear like I was trying to impress Harry, but judging from the surprise guest, it wouldn’t have mattered. This wasn’t a gathering of old friends to catch up, this was revenge. I give a stiff nod, trying to ignore the waves of hatred emanating off of Hannah as she glared at me.