Chapter 6

"This engulfs me." I said laughing. Tom looked me up and down, then laughed.

"It does, but it looks good." He grinned down at me. I stood there wearing one of his long sleeve capitals shirts which was huge on me. It didn't look so bad with the leggings and combat boots I had on.

"Thanks. " I smile up at him and grab my jacket. Putting on his tie, he followed me out of the bedroom. He looked really good in a suit. "You don't look so bad in that suit."

He put his arm around my shoulder. "I do look sexy." He grinned. I smacked his in the stomach and laughed lightly. "Geez, I was only joking, maybe. But thanks." He said, smirking.

When we got downstairs Michael, Andre and Abby were all waiting.Abby was wearing a Capitals sweatshirt with jeans and a pair of riding boots. All three of the boys looked great in the suits.

"Is that one of Willy's shirts?" Michael asked.

"It is. Problem Latts?" Tom said back to him.

"Nope." Michael said turning around heading to the car. "Let's go."

I looked over at Tom and gave him a questioning look. He mouthed something along the lines of I'll explain later. Giving him a slight nod I made my way out to the car. Abby sat in the passenger seat, smiling and laughing with Michael. In the back seat Andre sat laughing and smiling with them.

"This will be a long ride." Tom whispered in my ear.  His lips were so close to my ear, it sent shivers down my spine.

"Why?" I turned around to face him.

"I'll explain later." He winked at me and got into the car. Reluctantly I got back into the car and sat in between Andre and Tom.

The car ride was quiet. That was how I figured it would be with the boys having a game so they had to get in the zone as I call it.

Once we got to the rink we all went our separate ways. I gave the boys a good luck and turned away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Abby hug Michael. A thousand thoughts ran through my mind before she was at my side. Abby and I went to find our seats and the boys went to the locker room.

I sent a quick text to Tom.

Is there something going on with Latts and Abby??

A couple seconds later he had answered me.

not sure. We'll have to go under cover and find out. Operation  mongoose :)

I smiled down at my phone. Tom was so funny and weird.

"What are you smiling at?" Abby asked me.

"Nothing." I put my phone away, and smiled her.

"Whatever." She walked ahead of me. Rolling my eyes I caught up to her.

Up until warm ups started she kept asking me questions. She really wanted to know what I was smiling about earlier. As the boys began to take the ice she turned to look at me. "It's Derek isn't it." She said to me. I was taken back a bit.

"What? Why would you say that?" I asked her slightly annoyed. It had been a year and a half since I've seen him. I never liked to talk about him.

"I ran into him the other day. He was asking about you." She shrugged her shoulders and watched warm ups. Derek and I were really good friends, and went out for a while. We were good together, but things didn't end good. I would be lying if I said I didn't still care and love him.

"Anyways, how are you liking the boys?" I changed subjects. I was really curious about her and Michael. Operation mongoose after all.

"Good. Michael is just nice. He.." She trailed off and blushed. I raised my eyebrow at her and waiting for her to continue. She looked like she was going to explode. "Heaskedmeonadateforthissaturday." She blurted out.