It's time

The doctors let me go because they thought Cassandra was the reason I wasn't getting better.
I haven't seen outside in almost a year it's...darker than I remember it being.
People are giving me weird looks as I walk past them.
"Alice my girl!" Hank a local shop owner waves at me. I smile back.
About five minutes into the walk I reach the house I used to share with my parents. I don't walk in right away but stare in through the living room window.
What I see makes my blood boil, my mum, dad and a baby!
Dad picks up the baby and spins it around in circles while mum giggles at the baby's excitement.
I walk in and my dad stops spinning and everyone looks at me with wide eyes.
"A-Alice. You can't be here" my mum strutted standing from her spot on the couch
"It's getting dark and I need a place to stay. Please let me stay here I'll leave first thing tomorrow morning I swear" I said putting my right hand over my heart and raising my left.
"Fine but you'll have to sleep on the couch. Ashton has your old room" my dad stated putting Ashton down.
Once everyone had been asleep for about an hour I tip-toed into the kitchen grabbing a knife and slowly making my way upstairs, careful not to make any noise.
First my parents room. I put my hand over my mother's mouth causing her to open her eyes but before she could scream I jabbed the knife in her skull leaving her dead with blood dripping onto the sheets.
I walked to my dad's side of the bed and stabbed him repeatedly in the chest and stomach.
Now naive baby Ashton. I crept to his room where he lay sound asleep in his crib. I smiled at him before slicing down his midsection letting his guts to spill out of his body.
I trailed gasoline throughout the house and set a lit match down.
I stood outside and watched it burn for a couple of seconds before running into the direction of the next town.

My town and the next were surrounded by woods. Where I would seek refuge using my wits and the stars to guide me.