My Names Scarlet

My names Scarlet Yeager,and I live with my Uncle Cade and Cousin Tessa.Before I started living with them in Texas,I lived in a city where it changed my live,I lived in Chicago.I know some people say that all the aliens were bad,but that wasn't true.I met one,Ratchet i think was his name,and he got me out.I knew he wasn't able to help my parents,and I couldn't blaim him,they only had the energy to get help for me.When the paramedics arrived, they told me that mom and dad had a limited amount of time before they would die,and I was able to talk for a little.
"Mom,dad,I love you,don't leave me!"I cried out softly next to them.
"Oh,Pumpkin.We love you too,but you'll have to live with your Uncle now,
"We didn't want to leave this way either,but sometimes we can't stop it."Dad said stroking my cheek after he finished moms sentence.
" He only seen me when I was five.Do you expect him to recognize me after eleven years?"I asked looking at my hands.
"No,and I don't expect him to.My brother may forget,but he learns over time."Mom answered calmly.
"Scarlet,I...was waiting to give this to you when you were 18,but I suppose this will have to be as good as ever to give it to you now."Mom pulled out a small box and handed it to me.
"Open it,we want to see you with a smile."Father said pointing towards the box.
I slowly opened it,and inside was a necklace.Its chain was silver and as it weaved its way down,the chain connected to a Scarlett gem in the shape of a crystal.
"I...it's beautiful. I'll never take this off."I said smiling and hugged them both.
To my downfall,though,mom and dad died before they could say anything else.The N.E.S.T soldiers who knew Ratchet called my uncle and told him the news,but they said they could send me to my uncles.Knowing Uncle Cade he agreed and then my journey began.

Sorry its short but i'm limiting my pages for now 'cause when I write I won't stop. Anyway comment on how you liked the story and I might go on from there.