Mysterious Girl

It's damn good to be out and free with the sound of engine. It‘s not so bad with this freaking cold of the wind once you heard the call of the road. Your face is frozen and you can’t feel your lips anymore, but that doesn't matter anyway. The only thing that can bother you is how painful it is to be cut by those tiny disturbing drops of water flying at such a high speed that you can't even see them.

"Ahhh, so good it’s over," that was what his face would probably have said, provided that if it could, while his mind was stating the opposite, as he turned off the engine and took the helmet off his aching head. He glanced at the old-fashioned watch on his left hand, it still hurt every single time he did that. An intensely hard rhythm broke out and joined with water drops in the symphony of spring. He looked at the flashing LCD screen and realized that the battery drained. And he also realized that his hand was still trembling. "What am I doing here?" He wondered.

"What are you doing here, stranger?" A choir surprised him, he thought he was alone. In fact, he was supposed to be alone. He worried, but somehow that voice didn’t scare him. "Did you have a bad day? Wanna talk about it?" A beautiful girl appeared in front of him, almost like from nowhere or as if she was formed by the soul of the rain. She dressed in pure white with a pair of black heels. Her hair was wet but still looked perfect, felt on her bare shoulder as if it was a river in a fairy tale. She smiled so tenderly and her eyes were filled with care.

She cared about him, and that squeezed his heart.

*

It was dark outside, there was no light on the street and no way for anyone to see through the windows of Max Club, but it wasn’t so hard to tell that the rain was probably not going to be over soon. The clock read 11 PM but the sun had just been waken inside the club and there was only one waitress looking exhausted standing at the bar. She looked at her reflection on the windows, tried to apply another layer of mascara. Some staffs appeared now and then doing cleaning job, preparing to welcome customers. Well, they had already been quite late as a weird couple entered just a few minutes ago.

"Why were you there?" He asked without looking into her eyes, somehow he couldn’t stand her stare. Right after those words came out of his mouth; he started to ask himself the same question. Standing speechless under the rain and riding to a night club with a girl was not on his calendar, not that day.

Her giggle forced him to look up.

She leaned forward, dug into his confused face with her curious eyes and whispered. "You have a lot of questions needed to be answered. That one is not important." She tilted her head to the left and continued giggling. It was the charm of her mysterious beauty, or the fact that he sunk so deep in a mixture of the scare of knowing the truth and an ambition of finding out the answer, that made him frozen. Or could it be simply the cold wind suddenly found its way into the club through the door as someone entered.

A couple appeared at the entrance, holding each other so close that no one could tell whether they were sharing the coat. He turned his head around to avoid her stare and found the couple in a really hot kiss. At the same time, he felt something silky tenderly touched his cheek, followed by a warm breath on his ear. "Tell me your name, my boy."

"James," he mumbled, "according to my ID."