CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Start from the beginning

“There,” Djuda said and Ban leaped forward reaching his hand through nothingness but pulling a girl through. I growled when I saw it was the Soji’s mother. Ban sent a quick kick her way and she flipped backward landing a safe distance away. Her eyes falling to Hiro and me when she landed again.

“Aella where is Nero?” Link yelled the little demon baring his fangs at the Goddess of War.

“Where he belongs?” She answered her eyes shifting from him and back to us again. “Now for the other two halfs of my brother’s unholy union.” She said and was behind me. I turned around and she slapped me away I went sailing in the air my wings snapping out my back as I stopped myself mid air. She picked up Hiro by his throat. His scythe changing in his hand growing smaller as it became two daggers and he stabbed one into Aella’s neck.  Letting out a wail of pain she toss Hiro away from her and I pushed myself fast grabbing him out of the air and landing on the ground.

Link was behind her his hand missing her but a hair’s breath as he cut off some of her bangs. Unleashing a full assault on her he kicked and swung on her blocking when she countered as he back her up towards the cliff we were near.

“Tell me where he is? What have you done with Mati?” Link yelled and she caught his hand twisting it around behind him.

“Demon don’t have the right to use that name.” She said and Link cried out as she sent a wave of purified energy through him. Falling away from her Pai stepped forward but Ban pushed her back behind him. Looking up at her big brother I could tell that she wanted to join the fight as well. Blake came at her next slamming his hand down she jumped out the way as he connected with the ground turning the place he touched to stone.

“Die,” Hiro yelled two swords in his hand now as we both went at her at the same time. She was blocking both of our attack sending her energy out I leaped away before the pure power could touch me. It crackled off Hiro but did nothing to stop or slow his attack. Kicking out at him she connected with his gut and he doubled over in pain. Following up she punched him in the face. A gash opened above his eyebrow and she kneed him in the face. Grabbing him by the hair his hand went up to his face covering the eye that his bangs hung in front of.

“Abomination,” Aella hissed before she lifted Hiro from his feet and chuck him towards the cliff. My eyes widen as I watched his body go over.

“HIRO!” Ban yelled and looked at me. “Get him!” Ban yelled and I took off running towards

the cliff. Aella stood before me blocking my path but Ban was there and sent a swift kick to his face and she went sailing to the side clearing my path. Leaping over the cliff I pointed my body down so that I could gain speed. Grabbing Hiro I pulled him into my body before we crashed into the river below.

Using my own body I shielded him from the rocks as we went down the banks. I could feel it each time we crashed into another rock it stabbed into my body as opening up wounds that I would have to deal with later.

“Fuck me,” I hissed as I saw the waterfall up ahead. Holding onto Hiro tighter we went over. I took in a breath before something wrapped around my body and yanked me stopping my fall. Opening my eyes I could see vines around my and Hiro waist as we were being lifted back up the cliff. Hiro eyes opened and I gave him a smile. “You’re going to be okay.” I told him and he nodded looking up as we were slowly being pulled to safety.

“Zero,” I heard a voice I never thought I would hear again as Blake grabbed Hiro from me pulling him up and I crawled over the side of the cliff again. Aella was gone and the others were standing over Link. Pai had her hand on his chest as it looked like she was feeding him her energy. My eyes scanned my surrounding looking for the voice. “Zero.” It sad again before a body crashed into mine.