Chapter 4

RILEY'S P.O.V

"Wow, you guys here! Alive!" Thomas messed around again.

"Tommy I seriously could kill you right now..." I bit my tongue.

"Yeah? What? You happy? I can't hear you. Speak louder dude!" And yes he laughed devilishly to the entire Starbucks.

"God, save me." I shook my head.

I felt bad now for Albany. She just joined us for couple minutes and these guys never stopped teasing us already. Deep down in heart, you know I don't deny it. But for her, I'm afraid she would feel uncomfortable because who we are to force her to enjoy it.

"What's your usual coffee?" I came up asking her.

"I might go with green tea. Thank you." She sounded so nice gosh I can't.

"Alright. Just sit here I'll get that for you."

I ordered mine and her since the guys have had their own. The rest of the night went pretty well. Albany slowly opened herself to some jokes Thomas or Toby made. She even shared a muffin with the food monster. I'm glad she felt the warmth of our family. This would be a great friendship, I hope.

"It's... Guys it's pretty late. I should get going." Albany stood and unplugged her phone from Connor's charger.

I checked the time, almost 11:30 PM. "Yeah it's late. Shouldn't we also get going guys?"

"I still have some space for food in my tummy but these cannot wait." Toby showed his sleepy eyes.

"Food? Again?" Albany was in awe.

We all laughed. "Wait til you see him during days off. He never stops."

"Interesting." Albany joined the laugh. "Alright guys thanks for the treat. I enjoyed it a lot."

"Let's go drive you first before going home." Connor took our van's key. "Riley, lead the way."

I smiled to her. She immediately gave her car key again to me. Such an honor to drive her home, to make sure she's safe first before ourselves. Glad I have brothers and friends who easily understand that.

"Is it far from here?" I started the engine.

"Not exactly. We're halfway there." She buckled herself. "I'll show you."

Long story short, we arrived at her neighborhood. But since the van was trapped in the traffic 2 blocks behind us, I should turn around and wait somewhere nearest the point they could approach. I barely knew LA to its details. I bet neither did Connor. After 15 minutes, we got them back.

"Sorry for that." I smiled.

"No it's totally fine. My house is seriously just right at the corner, over there. We're home actually." She fixed her hair. "Thank you again, for driving me home. You guys didn't have to, really."

"No way. You think it's polite to let a girl drives herself at night?"

"Haha. Can't say enough thank you."

Bam. Awkward moment now. The guys stayed in the van while we're both still in her car. Suddenly I didn't know what to do with it.

"Uh...how could I, yeah I mean we, see you again after tonight?" I got cut in throat.

"Number?"

"Perfect." I took my phone. "Would you mind?"

"Not at all." She typed her number and called herself to save mine. "Done."

"Thanks." I smiled. "So..."

"Uh..."

"Gosh this is so awkward I'm sorry."

"It's okay..."

"I...am a fan of your music actually, Albany. I've seen you couple times, well probably more than couple times, on YouTube. I adore your talent."

"Really? Wow what an honor Riley, that's very kind of you. Never thought I would impress people like you. I just did that for fun at first. None of these things I ever dreamed of."

"You are amazing. You have to know that. Keep that in mind."

I grabbed her hand. Out of my control. But I knew it just had to be that way. I wanted her to be confident about herself. That I, the guys, and all people in that room tonight appreciated her existence in this industry. Moreover, she's wonderful like that to me.

"Thank you so much. You're too kind."

"Don't cry." I swept her tears away. "Promise me you're gonna keep doing this, okay? I wanna see more videos."

"Will do." She chuckled in tears. "Thank you for believing in me."

"Always."

Just one awkward minute, we moved toward each other. I gently placed my lips on her forehead, down to her eyes. I've loved LA much more tonight.