Chapter 3

ALBANY'S P.O.V

"Sounds great, once again give it up for Miss Albany Cash!"

I almost teared up on stage. It was such a humble moment for me to gain so much appreciation in one moment from biggest names of music I've been looking up to. Bands, soloists, groups, every single person I could recognize from here was on their feet giving me standing ovation. Mom and dad looked proud over there. They blew kiss at me multiple times.

"Thank you so much. Have a great night!"

I bowed my head once again then got off the stage to where Zoe was. Another cheer moment in there before packed up my stuff. I texted mom and dad that I would go home later, they might leave sooner if they wanted.

"Hey Zoe, would you mind to, uh, a second?" A guy wearing committee badge pulled her hand.

"Albany..."

"It's okay, take your time." I nodded.

"What, Derrick?" Zoe whispered to him at the corner of my room.

"Hey you serious? That's interesting. Okay I'll try to ask her."

I heard they discussed about something. Not really wanted to know. I think I would just grab some coffee before headed home. Well I actually wanted to ask Zoe out for a coffee treat, she deserved it after all, but not sure looking how busy she was.

"So..." I grabbed my purse. "You want to come with me? Just some Starbucks."

"Ah! That's perfect!" She suddenly cheered.

"Yes! You coming right?"

"Uh...no that's not what I... How to say this... Uh, actually somebody, no, some band ask you out for a Starbucks hang."

"What? Who?"

"That band you asked me before? Remember?"

"Before You Exit, something...?" I asked unsure. What kind of business we have here til they decide to ask me to join their hang?

"Yeah." Zoe giggled. "Albany, they're good guys. I guarantee you. My friend Derrick over there has been there with them for couple hours now. He said they loved your performance."

"And...?"

"And... Oh jeez, they want to get to know you!" She rolled her eyes.

"Wow...that's unpredictable." I stepped back. "Should I?"

"They're good people. I know them. Please?"

"I'd be uncomfortable without you joining us as well."

"I can't, I have to handle everything til that door closed. But you, sweetheart, have a chance to be friends with cool people like them. Yeah? Please please?"

I sighed. My anxiety hit me in the right spot. I'm not the people person, truthfully. Hard for me to blend myself into some talks I don't get into. To add some dramatic touch into this insecurity level, these people, they're guys. I'm just the only child in the family who has zero knowledge of how I suppose to react or talk with guys.

"Yeah okay." I gave in. Either way, if I didn't like it there, I'd go straight home.

"Yes! Thank you! You're amazing!" Zoe kissed my cheek repeatedly because too happy, and ran back to Derrick who stood by the door.

"Thanks for this, Albany! You did great!" Derrick gave a thumb up.

"Aha you guys weird." I rolled my eyes. "Tell them I'll meet them at the lobby."