Chapter 8

Robin's POV

Gazing down at the spot where I was to be announced Lady Beauchamp, I sighed aloud. Three months had already flew by since my father passed and he was buried only two weeks before this god forsaken wedding. I couldn't help the pang of guilt that went through my chest as I thought of my father. He hadn't been gone for long but here I was, about to get married. To that fuckwad no less. I'd already decided that the next three years of Leonardo Beauchamp's was going to be hell. That was the easy part. After the news of her father's death spread and then, that of the marriage, people started to question mine and Leonardo's innocence in the matter. Ofcourse that was to be expected, and that's why we needed to convince the public that we were madly in love and my father had planed to hand over the business to Leonardo long before he got ill.

Resting my face against the cool glass of the floor to ceiling window I tried to control my emotions. Sorrow and anger the most prominent.

"Keep that up and you'll smudge your makeup princess."

I smirked and turned to Kyle who was trying and failing miserably to properly adjust his tie.

His eyes widened as I walked towards him. "Wow." He breathed. Eyeing my attire.

I had the same expression only moments before when I examined my appearance in the mirror. My cousin Gezelle had her wicked way with me all morning. After almost two hours of tilting my head every which way so she could curl every tendril (of my already curly hair) perfectly. It now fell in a dark brown mass of waved and ringlets down my back. My striking and expressive green eyes were highlighted by mascara making them pop. I hardly ever used lipstick as my full lips were already a bright shade if pink but I usually indulged when attending important functions on behalf of my father. I ran my gloved hands down my dress. There were no straps or sleeves and the low V-line hugged my full breasts provocatively. The pink chiffon clung to me from bodice to waist, highlighting my small waist and wide hips. Sparkly sequins scattered in intricate patterns of flowers along the gentle flare to my feet. My silver stilettos had gorgeous pink diamonds embedded in the heels and base. I stared down at the pink diamond on my ring finger. Swirls were engraved in its delicate silver base with tiny rhinestones glittering when the light touched it. Just looking at it reminds me of my mother. She gave it to me on my sixteenth birthday. Four generations old, the ring was given to my mother's great grandmother Estelle from a gypsie king in Pittsburgh. She fell in love and they had little olive skinned babies. Her descendants had kids with white men so as a result, my skin, like my mother's is a light creme. She was so beautiful. I sighed as a wave of sorrow washed over me and I thought of how much I'd lost. I hadn't even realized Kyle was infront of me until I felt his breath against my hair and his arms circle me.

"You'll be fine Robbie." He whispered. "You have me and Lilly and Cassy." His hazel eyes stared down at me smiling. "Even though she's bat shit crazy at the moment."

I laughed. "So she's been emptying your fridge too?"

"Every damn Saturday." Kyle groaned.

I laughed again. "No wonder she never visits on weekends."

"Well maybe she should. I'd like to buy a carton of orange juice and not be afraid to leave it in the fridge."

"Get the one with pulp. She'll never touch it."

We both laughed. This day might not be as bad as I thought.