CHAPTER FOURTY THREE

Start from the beginning

"That's what I said!" Carley jumps in. "About the Ballet flats. I've been trying to tell her that she just has to wear heels to prom, but she won't listen." And like that, my best friend bonds with the former second-in-command bitch of our high school.

Over what they call my "fashion impairment,"

Hello, Carley's wearing combat boots, leggings, a denim skirt and a hoodie. 90's grunge stuff.

And I'm fashion impaired?

After discussing Carley's dress in detail as well, "you just have to wear gold with this," we head downstairs and catch up on some Teen Wolf.

(Is Dylan O'Brian cute or what?)

"I'd better get going, thanks for letting me hang out with you guys," Amelia sighs wistfully as she gets up to leave. I get up and walk her to the door. "Thanks so much for this, I've been in Sabrina's shadow so long I forgot what it's like to just hang out with friends, without the pressure of impressing anyone."

"Again, no clue how you put up with that bitch for so long."

"You have no idea. I think I'm going to spend my lifetime apologizing to people for the way I acted." She laughs softly, "well, any way, thank you so much for this." She pulls me into a sudden, bone-crushing hug, before heading off to her car, turning to wave just before she climbs in.
I hope Sabrina's given up on her stake-out by now.

I chew my lip as I examine the list.

"Let's see, we've got-what, no, we've got flour at home, we just need some vanilla flavoring-"

"No, let's make it chocolate!" Carley chimes in. We got kinda bored after Amelia left, so we went down to the supermarket to find some ingredients for cupcakes.

"Fine, then grab some Oreos for the icing, oh, and could you get some skittles, I've been craving them all day,"

"That's because you're wearing them in your ears, twat," she rolls her eyes and gestures to my earrings, laughing as she heads away, towards to candy isle, and I go in search of cupcake wrappers.

"Sarah! Sarah! Wait up!" A girl's voice calls, and I turn around only to be tackled by Mia, as she hugs me fiercely. "Hey sweetie, I haven't seen you in a long time." I wrap my arms around her tiny frame.

"I know, you didn't come visit, and I don't know why. I mean, seriously, Zac and Sabrina ended forever ago. Why didn't you make your move?" She demands, and I blush red.

"Who are you here with?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

Big mistake. Her eyes glint mischievously, and she starts dragging me down isle 16.

"Zac, look who I found!"

Of course he's here, I groan inwardly. Where else would he be, when I decide to go to the supermarket?

"Sarah, hey!" He grins as he packs three cans of tuna into his cart, then turns to Mia. Seriously, three cans of icky fish. Three cans. "Hey, why don't you go get some Lucky Charms for you and Sean?"

"Suuure," she drags out the word like she knows something. "Don't worry about me, take all the time you need," she sings and skips off down the isle.

"What was that about?" I ask, even though I know full well that in her evil little mind she's playing matchmaker. And she is soooo not subtle about it.

"No clue," Zac shrugs, but his cheeks are tinged red. "Anyway, what're you doing here? I haven't seen you around school lately."

That's because I've been avoiding you.

"Yeah no, I've been busy. Carley and I decided to make cupcakes and needed ingredients so yeah," I gesture to my basket of cupcake stuff.

An image of Monica and Chandler on their wedding day pops into my mind and I try to shove it out, as well as Shane telling me to give Zac a chance. Nope, not hearing none of that.

And I'm also not paying attention to Zac's hands which are twitching nervously.

"So, you going to prom, Skittles?" He tugs at my left earring, and I jump, which make him smile wider.

"Actually, I'm thinking of just staying home, I mean, I don't have a date and getting a dress is just so much effort." Why the hell did I say that? Of course I'm going, and I already have a damn dress.

"Aw, come on, you've gotta go to prom, I mean, it's Prom. It's like...it's like skipping Thanksgiving football."

"I did skip Thanksgiving football. My dad gets...rowdy."

"All the more reason to not skip prom. Come on, how many high school experiences are you going to let slip through your fingers, huh?"

"Well,"

"Come on, Shane, Blake, Ryder and I will all be there," woah, woah, woah, when did Shane, Zac, Blake and Ryder become a thing? Zac and Ryder? Yes. Blake and Shane, yes. Shane and Zac, yes. But Blake hates Zac and Ryder, well, not hates, but avoids. "Think about it. I'll even take you dress shopping if it's that much of an effort." He winks, and I roll my eyes.

"Fine, I'll think about it." What am I saying, of course I'm going! He leans forward and presses his lips to mine gently. It's barely a kiss, more like a peck, and it's over before I can even react.

"I'll see you there Skittles," he whispers, and it makes my knees wobble. Then he's gone, pushing his cart down the isle like nothing happened.

Wait, what did just happen?

----------------------------------------
Heeeeeeey guys!

Can you believe that we've been writing YSMH for over a year now? And now it's almost finished!

And all you silent readers, come on, we know you're there, leave us a comment, say hi, tell us Sarah should just man up and make out with Zac. Or that she should go back to Shane, or hey, maybe you ship Sarah and Blake. (We won't judge you, promise,)

Just let us know!

Don't forget to:

~*~*~VOTE~*~*~ ~*~*~COMMENT~*~*~ ~*~*~FOLLOW~*~*~

Hope you guys enjoyed this, and well, see ya next update!
Xoxo
Storm and Snow 💋