Chapter 4

I walked in to the restaurant with Danielle. The restaurant had bright red paint with brown wooden tables and a bar with wooden stools. The Union Jack sat over the bar and next to the entrance was a picture of my parents, Mason, Julie and I. My favorite picture. A quote my dad always use to say was painted on the wall. Carpe Diem. Seize The Day. It was very much a family friendly restaurant that served Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. My mom was re washing the bar while my sister set up the tables. Mom had her dark brown hair in a messy bun, and my sister had her blonde hair in a French braid. My sister has blue eyes, inherited from our dad, while Mason and I have our mom's green eyes. Mom looked up at us, a smile spreading across her face.

"Oh, Good morning girls." She said, coming to kiss my cheek and give Danielle a hug. My mom always gave the best hugs. Everyone loves her. She has this warm, maternal, kind nature about her. But she can be quite sassy as well, and stubborn. But that's what everyone loves about her.

"Now, how was the wedding." Mom asked.

I grinned, remembering last night. How gorgeous Elena looked, how happy she was with Luke, Prince Harry, talking with Harry, dancing with him and getting his number at the end of the night. Yes, I got Prince Harry's number. He wouldn't let me leave if I didn't exchange numbers with him.

I didn't realize Danielle was recalling last night to my mom until she said, "...and guess what? Claire got Prince Harry's number!" She squealed and my mom froze. So did Julie, I could hear her in the back room.

"What?!" Mom asked, looking at me incredulously. I smiled, shyly.

"Um, yeah. I mean-"

"Tell me everything." Mom cut me off. Mom was just like Danielle in the way that they both get excited when it comes to boys. Mom loves a good romance story, no matter how independent she is. So does Danielle.

So, I told her everything. From us making eye contact at the beginning of the ceremony to us exchanging numbers at the end of the reception. She listened intently, so did Danielle, although she already made me tell her last night when we got home. I told them every detail until my mouth went dry, knowing I would be in trouble if I didn't. Mom had a way of sensing these thing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Julie listening in, too. Which was interesting because she usually couldn't care less about the Royal Family.

"Oh honey!" Mom said, "this is wonderful!" She hugged me tight. I pulled away after a moment and adjusted my shirt. I went to the back, Danielle and mom following me.

"I know mom. But he's probably not going to call me or anything." I said. Don't get me wrong, I loved a fairytale as much as the next girl, but I'm also quite realistic.

"Clarisse Michelle Reynolds, be positive for Christ sake." Mom said looking at me. She took my face in her hands and said, "You, as well as your sister, are the most beautiful girls in London. You're strong, smart, kind, independent, charismatic. Any man would be lucky to have you, especially Prince Harry."

"She's right, Clary." Julie said, walking over to me. I smiled at her. Then we had to get to work. Mason had come in about 10 minutes after Danielle and I did. I had gone up to get a lunch order and noticed Mason was staring at Danielle, not so discreetly.

"You're bacon is burning." I pointed out to him and he snapped out of it.

"Sorry." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't you just ask her out already?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"No. I couldn't do that. She doesn't like me like that anyways." He said and I sighed.

"But-" I began but he cut me off.

"Has your Prince Charming called you yet?" He asked and I blushed.

"No. He hasn't." I admitted. He didn't say a word, he just handed me the food that I had to serve. I sighed, and walked over to Table 6.

A family was sitting there. A woman with strawberry blonde hair that was in a ponytail and her son inherited her hair color. Her husband had caramel colored hair and so did their daughter. The daughter was at least 4 years older than the son.

"Here is your breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes, French Toast sticks, Egg and cheese omelet, and the breakfast burrito." I said placing the food on the table.

"Thank you." The mom said. I smiled and headed over to another table to check in on them.

Hours went by until closing time and still no call from Harry. I was starting to give up hope, starting to believe that I was a fool, when my phone rang. I looked at the caller id and it said "Prince Charming." I smiled, immediately figuring out who it was and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Claire? It's Harry." He said and I smiled.

"Hey Harry. What's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" He asked.

I grinned and immediately said "Yes."