Chapter 3

Claire's POV

Harry brought me over to the bar and I sat at a bar stool that was available. He ordered two glasses of champagne for the both of us and raised his glass.

"To Luke and Elena."

"To Luke and Elena." I repeated and we clinked glasses together before I took a sip. The cool, bubbly liquid slid down my throat and I felt good.

"So." Harry spoke up after a moment, "Tell me about yourself."

"Well, there isn't much to tell. I'm 25. I have a brother named Mason-a twin, actually, and a younger sister named Julie. She's 18. I, also, work as a waitress at a restaurant my family owns." I said and he nodded.

"What would your profession be if you weren't a waitress?"

I pondered it for a moment before replying with "Photographer."

He raised his eyebrows and hummed in response.

"Interesting. Why?" He asked.

"I think, it's because I love to see the world through the lense. I can tell stories through the pictures. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah. I do." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"So." I said after I took a sip of my champagne . "It's your turn to tell me about yourself."

"But don't you already know everything about me?" He asked, subtly referencing to his social status.

"Probably." I laughed and he laughed along too. "But I'd rather hear it from you. You know, separate the fact from the fiction."

He nodded his head and proceeded to tell me about himself. About his brother William and his sister-in-law, Kate. He talked about his mother's death; how he blames the driver while his brother blames the paparazzi. We talked about our likes and dislikes and our experiences growing up. He kept making me laugh and giggle; so much so that my cheeks and sides hurt. He was just telling me a story, when his friend came up and slung his arm around Harry's shoulder. He held up a 5 pound bill in his hand(A/N:Im American trying to use British currency so bear with me.) and put it towards Harry's face.

"Well, won't cha look at that? Can't you see the family resemblance?" He teased, talking about Queen Elizabeth II on the bill and Harry shoved him, playfully. I laughed.

"ah, shut up mate." Harry groaned, his cheeks pink from embarrassment.

"Oh, but aren't you going to introduce me to this lovely lady?"

"Jasper this is Claire. Claire this is my best mate Jasper. I've grown up with him." Harry introduced and I shook Jaspers hand.

"Well, I didn't come here just to embarrass, Harry. Although...that was part of it." He began and I giggled while Harry rolled his eyes.

"I came here to ask you, Harry, when you were gong to ask this bird to dance?"

I looked at Harry and he was blushing.

"I was just getting on it, Jasper." He said through clenched teeth. He the took a deep breath and sighed before turning to me. "Would you like to dance?"

I grinned and said, "I would love to." I said and he took my hand and helped me up from my chair.

"See ya,mate. Glad I could help." Jasper said and once more Harry rolled his eyes again.

"I was going to ask you to dance, even if Jasper didn't say anything." He whispered in my ear as we reached a spot on the dancefloor. The song I'll Be by the Goo Goo Dolls came on and we swayed back and forth.

I giggled. "I know."

He put his left hand on my waist, firmly. I placed a hand on his shoulder and he took my other hand in his. We began to sway to the music and then, eventually, began to dance the night away.