The Prologue

Waverly POV (7 years old)

It's a little after lunch now and my mommy told me to go and put my shoes on, she hadn't been feeling well and she wanted to take me to her doctors appointment. She never likes to leave me at home when its just daddy and the boys. But she doesn't know about what dad does to me, so I don't know why she doesn't like me to be here alone. But I never say anything because I'm scared to stay with daddy. I'm scared to tell her what he does because I don't want her to get upset with me. Daddy always says it's my fault why he does the things with his fingers to me. Whenever I get into trouble he does it, but now even when I'm not doing anything wrong he still does it to me. It feels really funny and I hate it, I cry really softly because if I scream he said he would hurt me even more with the tube thing he holds in his pants.

We got in the car and the drive was pretty long but fun I played with my dollies and told mommy about what happen at school yesterday. We finally made it to the doctors building and went inside. We had to wait a long time before going to the back with all the rooms and stuff. And when we finally got to go we had to wait even longer for the doctor to come in. Mommy had to fill out some papers before the doctor came in and did the doctor stuff. I sat in the comfy blue chair and mommy sat on the bed in the middle of the room.

" Hi Jean how are you?" said the doctor and gave mommy a hug. She smiled and hugged back. "Hi, Waverly how are you little one?" He smiles

"I'm fine doctor.... so what do my tests look like?" she said with her smile going away, turning into more of a sad/serious face.

" I'm sorry Jean but the cancer is back but just not as severe..." the doctor says with an even sadder face. I wonder what cancer is, and why does the doctor look sad about it.

" Mommy what's cancer?" I ask and she looks at me like she is about to cry.

" Mommy is just a little sick baby, but she is going to be ok, ok honeywaver?" she says as she starts to cry, I want to cry because she looks so hurt and I hate when my mom is upset.

" Ok mommy." I say with a sad face. I jump down from the chair and go to hug her.

After that mommy got some more papers from the doctor and we left he room. We leave the building and drive to my favorite ice cream shop. I order my favorite, cookies 'n' cream with gummy bears and mommy gets vanilla like she always does. After we finish our ice cream we go to the park and I play on the swing while mommy pushes me. When we make it back home its dark and I run upstairs to see my brothers.

Later that night, I hear a lot of screaming and banging on the walls. I jump out of bed to see what it is. I knock on Jacob's door to wake him up and we walk down the stairs together. We sit in the middle of the banister and wait as I see my mommy and daddy downstairs arguing about the cancer thingy that the doctor said mommy had. Daddy kept banging on the table and screaming that mommy was "useless" and "a sick piece of shit that would never amount to anything", I don't know what that means but it made her cry and she ran to their room. We saw daddy coming so we ran back to our rooms and I pretended to be asleep.

Daddy opened my door and walked in. He sat on the edge of my bed and shook me awake I turned over and he said, "Its time for you to get punished, you know what to do so hurry up and take your pajamas off so we can get it over with." I started to cry because I didn't want daddy to do what he does to me anymore. He starts the thing with his fingers and I start to wiggle around and cry. But then mommy comes in and takes in a fast breath. She yells really loud and then punches daddy in the face. He goes to sleep and then she calls some one on her phone.

"Yes 911, I have an emergency I need the police here right away.....well I just walked in on my husband molesting my daughter!.......yes.........1052 Prescott Ln North West...... my zip code is 72223..... yes, thank you" she says into he phone, 'I know what the police are but why is she calling them? And what is molesting? ' I wonder as I start to cry 'She probably thinks I'm the worst kid in the world' "I'm so sorry mommy.... please don't hate me." I cry out as I start to hiccup.

"Oh, honeywaver why would I hate you? You are the most wonderful daughter in the world....but why didn't you tell me daddy was doing this to you?" she says with love in her voice and tears in her eyes.

" I thought you would be upset with me" I cry even more.

" Honeywaver none of this is your fault... lets put you to bed your going to sleep in Jacob's room tonight ok?" she says, I nod and she picks me up over daddy's sleeping body. She wakes up Jacob and whispers in his ear something I cant hear. She then tucks me in and sits in the chair next to the bed rubbing my forehead until we are both asleep. Then we all hear a loud bang and mommy runs out and quickly returns saying that daddy was gone....

------------------------------------------------------

(2 Years Later)

" That's not fair Jacob.....you're always the cop..... you cant just be the cop because your older, its not fair!!!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. We were playing cops and robbers and Jacob once again was trying to be the cop and me and robin were telling him he couldn't be it anymore. Well just me Robin doesn't talk very much well he talk a lot. Well he talks to me but nobody else not even mom most of the time. I don't know why.

"Yes I can, I'm older which means I have to be the cop its in my DNA to stop the bad guys." he says in a snooty tone. "And who else is there to be the cop, not you cause your a girl and Robin is too young so I'm the only person who fits the qualifications." he adds with a sly smirk.

"MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!", I scream. This just wasn't fair.

"There is no need to scream honeywaver what's the matter? You kids have been fighting all damn day why cant you just get along? There is only one of me and three of you...I'm out numbered kids....I need you to help me out..." she says as she starts to cry. I feel so bad I did this to her, I run over and hug her and say I'm sorry and so do Jacob and Robin. We all stand for at least 3 minutes just hugging. Mom breaks away and walks out sniffling.

"She's right you know?" Jacob says with a sad look on his face. "We have been fighting more often and more each day. We should really lay off." he adds.

"Yea but its you, your always thinking you better than us cause your older and its not true." I say matter of factly. I glare his way slightly and then think of a great idea. "Hey why don't we make a pact?" I say.

"What kind of pact?" Jacob and Robin say in unison.

"Well we all promise that we are equal, no one is better than the other, not for age, not for grades, not for status. We are all the same and no one is more than the others. And not just at home at school too so everyone sees us the same. Agreed?" I say with stern in my voice.

"Agreed." my brothers say in unison.

(No one's POV)

And this is where Waverly's life had finally turned, she was happy. For the next 8 years of her life she was finally free and wasn't held down by her fathers perverseness and her brothers ignorance she could finally be who she wanted and she was content with what she was. But soon happiness is not always enough to keep you afloat. There are always obstacles and Waverly has a big in her misted. Read to find out what is it...

------------------------------------------

Picture of Waverly and Jacob in Multi Media

Actual pick of Nina as a baby (so cute)