Global Warming (One-Shot)

Dying. Jiwon was dying.

“I’m bored.”

Jiwon internally slapped herself. Who in the world would die due to boredom? But really, she’s really super, super bored. She was lying on the floor of her living room, staring at the ceiling. She raised the volume of her iPod’s speakers to its limit—not wanting to hear anything from the outside—as she sang along; trying to lessen her boredom, but unfortunately it didn’t.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed in frustration. She took her cell phone from the couch and flipped it open.

“YA! I DON’T CARE WHERE YOU ARE AND HOW BUSY YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. COME HERE AND ENTERTAIN ME. I’M SO BORED!” she typed and sent it to her boyfriend—Hyunjin.

30 seconds later…

“Ji~”

“Ya! Where are you? What’s taking you so long?” Jiwon nagged. Before Hyunjin could even say anything. “Just bring your work here or something. I’m just really bored!”

“But Jiwon~”

“Fine! I’ll just go to Jeju and~”

“No!” Hyunjin half screamed, “I’ll be there. Just, don’t go to Jeju.” Hyunjin shivered at the thought of Jiwon going to Jeju alone and doing who knows what, just to lessen her boredom.

“Ah! I love you!” Jiwon said in relief and Hyunjin just chuckled as they hang up their phones.

Hyunjin stared at the pile of papers in his desk, his laptop idle a few minutes as he was talking to Jiwon. He sighed.

“Eoddeohke?” he said to himself worriedly. “If I don’t go there, she would really go to Jeju and probably wouldn’t be talking to me after. If I do, I won’t be able to finish my 3000 words reaction paper which is due tomorrow!”

He sighed loudly as he began putting the papers and his laptop on his bag then left…

BUZZ! BUZZ!

Before Hyunjin could even realize that the door was open, Jiwon was already hugging him.

“You don’t really want me to go to Jeju, don’t you?” she teased which made Hyunjin smile.

“Not without me” he replied as Jiwon let go of him.

Hyunjin was sitting on the floor, typing in his laptop as Jiwon watched him—admiring.

He’s so cute when he’s typing and being serious like that. She thought then giggled.