Hills

"The hills have eyes."

The next day I woke up with a massive headache and no memory of what happened last night. I sat up in the bed running my hands through my hair.

"Good mornin'." a raspy voice greeted.

"What happened last night?" I asked looking down at Thomas trying not to panic.

"You don't remember?" he chuckled. "They way I had you screaming should still be ringing in your head."

"We fucked?!" I screeched jumping out the bed.

"Well yeah." he replied.

"I have to go home." I replied before throwing my dress back on and running to the elevator. I called Jaliee and told her to come pick me up. I ran out the complex and jumped in her car. I began to break down completely.

We pulled up to the apartment and she helped me in. I went to my room and stripped out the dress and my underwear. I got into the shower letting the piercing hot water hit me. I felt my tears mix with the water that was flowing down my face.

I finally got out and put on some baggy sweatpants and an oversized NYU hoodie. I threw my hair up in a bun and walked out my room. I went into the living room to see my parents sitting on the couch.

"What are you doing in my home?" I snapped.

"Akela can you just listen." my mother pleaded.

"Listen to what? Y'all abandoned me! Had me thinking y'all was dead! Do you know what that did to me? I went through years of abuse!" I cried.

By this time my face turned red and I had tears streaming down my face.

"We're sorry mija." my mom whispered.

"Akela you cool?" Jaliee asked.

"Akela you need to talk to them. For Christ sake I forgave them." Chresanto said.

"You had parents! They kept you safe!" I yelled. "I can't take this right now."

I walked back into my room and grabbed the nearest thing before throwing it against the wall. I slid down the wall down to floor with my hands on my face. I slipped on my shoes and walked out my room walking out my house.

I took the car and went to an alleyway and parked turning the car off. The Weeknd's soft voice played as I stared at the wall in front of me. I felt the hot tears fall down my face. Someone started knocking on my window I looked up and seen Jacob. I unlocked the door and he entered.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Nothing." I replied dryly still staring at the wall with tears falling down my face.

"You can talk to me." he whispered rubbing my tears away.

"You know in highschool how quiet and simple I was? I only really talked to Asia and Jason." I said softly. I looked at him and he nodded. "When I left Asia only knew, I moved here wanting a quiet life and that went down the drain. I want to leave."

"Leave New York?" he asked. I nodded simply. "To start over?"

"Yeah. In Miami." I replied.

"If you do that. I'll keep it a secret." he smiled.

"I'll appreciate it." I whispered.

"Can you take me somewhere I want you meet someone." he replied.

I nodded and pulled out of the alley. I drove down to Rochester, and pulled up to a nice house. We got out and walked inside. I exaimed the walls which were painted beautifully and had pictures everywhere.