Change

"If nothing changed. There would be no butterflies."

My answer replied in my mind the whole entire day. I really hope this doesn't backfire on me, but trouble always seems to follow me. I ordered a pizza and plopped on the couch. I flippes through the channels and ended up on CNN news.

"This just in authorities finally arrested drug lord Carter Lopez."

I studied the man and my eyes widen. I grabbed my phone and dialed my uncle's number.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Carter Lopez." I replied. He became silent. "Hello?"

"Yes Akela. He is the person that kidnapped your parents."

"Do you think-,"I trailed off.

"No." he said harshly.

I hung up the phone and pulled my knees up to my chest. I started cry silently. My phone began to ring.

"Hello." I sniffled.

"Akela. Your going to be my date to the charity ball tonight. Black and gold please." Thomas instructed before hanging up.

So rude. I got up and went into my room. I pulled out my black dress that was silky and long with a cut up my right leg. I took a quick shower and curled my hair. I put on my dress & heels. I went against a lot of makeup. I packed up my MK clutch and my doorbell rang. I opened it and Thomas walked in.

"Put this on." he said handing me diamond ring.

"Why?" I asked.

"The deal? Engagement?" he said reminding me of the deal.

"Right." I replied. "Bye Karina!"

We walked out to the limo and entered. The ride was going to be two hours and I wasn't comfortable with this silence.

"So you've always lived here?" he asked.

"No. I moved here almost two years ago from California after I graduated high school." I replied blandly.

"How did your parents like that idea?" he asked chuckling. I cringed mentally at that subject.

"I didn't live with my parents in California." I replied. "What about your parents and life here?" I didn't want him asking anymore questions, I hope this conversation keeps trailing off.

"Well I never met my dad. He left when my mom was two months pregnant. My mom struggled hard to give me a decent life. By time I got into high school I worked and bought my own stuff so my mom didn't. I earned a scholarship to Louisiana State. And my legacy carried on from there." he answered.

"So about this ex." I said slowly. "Because if I run into her I need to know what to expect."

"She's insane man." he said dragging his hands down his face.

"What caused the fall out? Making me have to pick you up from the police station?" I asked putting sarcasm on the ending.

"Assaulted Bieber." he said harshly. "Caught them cheating in my guest room. She said I hit her but luckily the cameras in my house said otherwise."

"Sir were here." the driver said opening the door for us.

Thomas helped me out the limo and escorted me inside. His hand squeezed mine tightly, I looked up and seen Jason Bieber and I'm guessing his ex walk towards us.

"Thomas." Bieber smirked. "Nice seeing you again."

"Nice seeing your eye again." Thomas replied. Damn foundation did not cover it well.

"Who is this." he smirked undressing me with his eyes.

"Yeah who is she." the girl scoffed sizing me up.

"I'm Akela his fiance." I smiled.

"Fiance?!" she exclaimed.

"Yes ma'am fiance." I smiled. "We were childhood best friends. Only reason he never mentioned me because he knew you would be the jealous bitch you are right now. And the night before he caught you in bed with him he proposed. So you cheating iced the break up cake." I said smugly. "Now if you can excuse us, we are leaving because quite frankly I'm sick of talking to either of you."

I grabbed his hand and strutted away. We walked over to the dining table and I started loading my plate.

"Damn ma." Thomas smirked. "Didn't know you were so fiesty."

"Your lucky I didn't slap her for looking at me wrong." I replied.

The night went on and Thomas dropped me off at home. I walked inside and Karina was fast asleep. I took off everything and put on a t-shirt and laid in my bed.

My phone began to buzz and I answered.

"Hello?" I replied.

"Come to the hospital now!"