chapter 1: 4 years later

Reader prospective :

I'm now 18 and the last time I saw Robin was when I was 14 and now I've left high school and moving to jump city.
I'm so excited, a new city to explore, new people to meet and so many opportunities for me to discover.

Time skip :

I'm finally in my new flat and I'm going to explore the city for a few hours.
(Already unpacked stuff in the flat)
I went towards a harbour and saw a building shaped as a giant T that looked like it was made out of glass from a distance.

"Cool huh?" I heard some one say behind me.

"Yeah it looks cool who does it belong to" I said.
A boy around 12 years old sat down next to me.
I looked at him and his skin was green and his hair greased back and his ears looked elf like.

"That tower belongs to the teen titans, I'm one of them, it's a cool place" he said smiling.

"Yeah I bet it is, what's your name kid" I said looking at him with a small smile on my face.

"I'm beast boy, I'm 12 years old and I love animals" he said now acting like a monkey.
I laugh at how silly he's being.

"I'm (y/n) nice to meet you beast boy maybe we'll meet again" I said getting up and leaving him.

"Yeah maybe" he said and he ran off.
I smiled and glad that I made a new friend.

Time skip :

I felt I was being followed, I didn't dare turn around to see who it was I just decided to keep walking.
The footsteps behind me got closer and closer, I started to shake a little.

"Hey little girl, I'm going to walk with you and then I'll lead you somewhere else than your house, do you understand?" The person behind me said.
His voice kinda sounded like a robot so I nodded.
We kept walking until the man held my shoulders for behind and turned me around a lot of ally ways.

"Ok I'm going to introduce myself and your going to help me with something, do you understand? This will cost your life if you do not agree" he threatened.
I nodded again trying to show no fear like robin taught me when we were kids.

"My name is slade and your going to be a test subject" he said now leading me to an abandoned warehouse.

"A-a subject for what" I said a little nervous.

"For you to have a special ability that no one else has" he said now tying me to a metal table.
I nodded and took in as much of my surroundings as I can.

"Now you'll feel a lot of pain when I inject liquid-XXX into you" he said with a chuckle added to his voice.
I brassed myself for the impact of the needle going into my skin and through my vains.