08. Is this a high school ball?

Xavier's Pov

"I'm having the masquerade ball this Saturday," Felix said, as we walked into my office. "So, in five days."

"Why a masquerade ball?" I chuckled, grabbing some files from Felix. "Is this a high school ball or what?"

Felix rolled his eyes, chuckling. "It's for charity and I thought it'd be a cool idea."

"Is there a certain dress attire?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Black and white," Felix replied, sitting down in front of my desk. "And wear a mask."

"Got it," I sighed, sitting down in my chair. "I need to arrange a couple things before my dad comes next week."

"What's he coming for?" Felix asked, tapping a finger on my desk.

"To see how the company is," I shrugged. "He wants to - and I quote - 'visit the second love of his life'."

Felix laughed, throwing his head back. "I don't know wether that is sad considering there's you and your mum or funny."

"Thanks for laughing, asshole," I rolled my eyes. "You obviously find it funny."

"You're welcome, lover boy," Felix smirked. "Speaking of love, how's yours and Samantha's relationship going?"

"It's good now," I said, nodding my head. "We made up."

"What about Ryan?" He asked, pursing his lips.

I felt my heart rate increasing. "What-what about her?"

"Do you still have feelings for her?" Felix asked, raising an eyebrow.

"N-no. I don't think I do," I shook my head, biting my lip. "I like Samantha more."

"Uhuh," Felix said, his voice of tone showing that he didn't believe me. "Hand me your wallet?"

"My wallet?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes, your wallet," Felix said, extending his arm out. "Let me see it."

I dug into my pocket and handed him my wallet.

"You've been having this wallet since we were eighteen, correct?" Felix said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I replied, confused. "But the things in there are different from when we were eighteen."

Felix hummed in response as he started pulling things out of my wallet. He pulled out a folded paper and opened it up.

"Do you love Samantha?" He cautiously asked.

"No. I've only been with her for a few months," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Why?"

"What about Ryan?" Felix asked, cocking his eyebrows. "You still love her?"

"No. That's absurd," I said, shaking my head. "It's been five years."

"Then, why do you still have this in your wallet?" Felix asked, handing my the white piece of paper.

I grabbed it, thinking it was an old receipt, but was surprised to me see it wasn't. It was the paper where I had drawn mine and Ryan's name in a circle - I remember I told her this because hearts breaks and circles don't...

"I-I, uh," I looked up at Felix and he was smirking. "What are you trying to prove?"

"That you still care about Ryan," Felix shrugged. "And you shouldn't be with someone that you don't care about."

"Hey, I do care about Samantha," I said, giving him a glare. "And I don't care about Ryan anymore."

"Having that in your wallet says otherwise." Felix said, pointing to the paper.