01. Interview

Ryan's Pov

I sighed, making my way into the glass revolving doors of Luna Press. I love working here, but after about a year of working here, I still haven't gotten used to being here by 8:30am. 8:30am would be late, but I happen to leave this building every weekday around midnight and manage to make it home by 12:45am.

I clutched onto my coffee as I walked to the elevators. Once the elevator doors opened, I was not surprised to find a full elevator - will there ever be no one in these damn elevators?

After the confusion of what floor everyone was going to, I was in a nice silence. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Ryan, did you hear that Rose broke her leg?"

Why do nice silences always have to be broken?

I opened my eyes and turned to look at my best friend that works here, Dylan. Dylan had brown hair that was always styled in a quiff, gray eyes, and was possibly the tallest person I know, standing at 6'4".

Dylan cocked his eyebrows, waiting for me to respond.

"Yeah," I sighed, taking a sip of my coffee. "It sucks because she told me how she was really excited about doing that one important interview she got."

"I know," Dylan breathed out, shaking his head. "Why do bad things always happen to good people?"

I nodded my head, pursing my lips. "I ask myself that question everyday," I whispered, looking down. I looked up at Dylan and he gave me a soft smile. "Have you visited Rose?"

"Yeah, two days ago," Dylan nodded his head, shoving his hands in the pockets of his suit. "You?"

"Sadly, no," I replied, drinking more of my coffee. "I've been super busy writing the article on this restaurant."

The elevator doors opened and Dylan and I pushed our way through the people. After a couple of seconds of struggling, we both managed to make it out to the 20th floor.

"I was thinking," Dylan said as we approached my office. "I haven't tried 'getting at you' as you like to call it in a couple days, so it's time to start again."

"Wow," I laughed, shaking my head. "So, does that mean you're going to start buying me coffee again or more dirty pickup lines?"

"I'll be bringing coffee again," Dylan chuckled. "And you'll hear a few pickup lines here and there."

"And you think you can win my heart with coffee and pickup lines?" I laughed.

"Nope, that just makes you like me more," Dylan said, sending me a wink. "You'll practically fall in love with my charming ways."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Whatever you say."

"I need to go to my office before Mr. Luna swings by," Dylan said, pointing down the hall. "See you later, babe."

I smiled, waving goodbye. "See ya."

I walked into my office and left the door open - rules. I sat down on my black chair and started typing away on the computer. A little more than half way through the article I was writing I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around and saw Mr. Luna.

Mr. Luna had black hair that was starting to turn gray, brown eyes, and was about a foot taller than me. He was wearing his signature blue suit and had an unreadable facial expression - as always.

"Hello, Mr. Luna," I smiled, getting a little nervous. "May I help you?"

"I need you to do the interview that Rose was going to do," Mr. Luna said, handing me a file. "It starts in twenty five minutes. I'm counting on you, Ryan."

Before I could even say anything Mr. Luna was rushing me out the building and into a taxi. Mr. Luna told the taxi where to go and paid him in advance.

I looked through my purse and grabbed my small hand mirror. I fixed my curly hair - which I had recently dyed dark burgundy. Once my hair was reasonable looking, I shoved my hand mirror back into my purse. I pressed down on my black pencil skirt, smoothing it out. I then fixed my white shirt and made sure my black heels weren't dirty.

Interviews always made me a little nerve wrecking. We always had to look nice because Mr. Luna says 'you're representing this lovely company and you don't want people thinking you work for a crappy one'.

As the taxi parked, I checked the time on my wrist watch. It was 9:27am and I had three minutes to get there. Once we were parked, I grabbed the file and ran inside. I walked to the elevator and began opening the file.

"Alright," I breathed out as I made it to the 25th floor. "I'm going to interview...Mr. Hale?"

"Are you the journalist from Luna Press?"

My eyes met a blonde middle aged woman who was smiling at me.

"Y-yes," I answered, nodding my head. "I'm here to, uh, interview Mr. Hale."

The lady nodded her head, "Right this way."

Hesitantly, I began to follow her down a long, narrow hall. I cursed under my breath. I was in Hale Enterprise Holdings, Inc. to interview a man who made me leave his son five years ago. I am fucked.

When we reached the doors, the lady said I could walk right in. I waited until she left to let out a small yell of frustration.

Okay, Ryan, you can do this. Remember, do it for Luna Press.

I let out a breath as I pushed the doors open. Mr. Hale had his back to me as he looked at the view of Chicago. I nervously walked to a leather chair in front of his mahogany desk. I sat down, wishing the ground could just swallow me right up.

"Before I start the interview, I'd like to thank you, Mr. Hale," I said, sounding confident even though I was close to throwing up the waffles Destiny made me this morning. "I know you don't do interviews and it means a lot to us in Luna Press that you kindly accepted to do this interview with us. It was very surprising and-"

"Ryan?"

I looked up from the file and my eyes met those stunning green ones. "Xavier."

OKAY SO HERE IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SEQUEL OF "Pretend Girlfriend"!!! What did you guys think? Liking it so far? Feedback would be great! Until the next update!  Xx

~Jess

P.s. Thank you so much for being patient for the sequel. I've been very busy with school and my other fic I'm writing (it's called "Ocean" and you guys should give it a read).

3/6/16