Chapter One "The Incident"

He looked at me the way every girl wanted to be looked at, but it wasn't real. He wasn't really looking at me. Well he was, but he was looking at the changed me. The me after the incident. He never even noticed the old me. He was looking at the beautiful me. I was hoping no one would notice me. Just like usual. Now things are changed, They treat me like I'm new to this school. Even though I've been going here for ever since 9th grade. I don't even think people recognize me without my big glasses,imperfect skin and really bad hair. All they see now is a girl with long brown hair, perfect skin and hazel eyes. I don't like this change. I wish I can go back to the old me. The ignored girl.

             It all happened last night, the night of the full moon. It was about midnight but I decided to go to the beach. I've always loved watching the stars at the beach. That night I really couldn't sleep so I took a blanket, pepper spray and a book to sit under the stars and relax. I decided not to bring my phone with me because I just wanted to disconnect. Once I got to the beach I just laid my blanket down on the sand and laid down. I started to find constellations. It was one of the things me and mom liked to do before the divorce. After that she just didn't seem happy anymore. So we just forgot about it. That's when it all happened. I heard a faint growl and I just sat there, I didn't move I just sat and listened. I didn't really worry about it because wolfs aren't common in my area so I just thought my mind was playing tricks with me or something.That's when I saw the red eyes coming out of the darkness. I jumped up and ran towards the road. I kept running and running. I never looked back to see if It was chasing me. Then it bit me. I thought it would maul me to death and this would be the end, but it just bit me and ran off. I tried to get up but I just couldn't.

             I started to look around where the wolf bit me and my hand moved to my left arm. I felt the blood slowly trickle down my arm. I gasped in pain. I tried to get up but my legs just didn't want to move. I tried to scream for help, but the words wouldn't escape my mouth. Then I heard a shout. It sounded like a guy but I wasn't sure. It was from a distance, so I couldn't hear as well. Then the shouting got closer and closer.