Chapter Nine

RYLI'S POINT OF VIEW

The next morning was extremely rough for me. I was not sleeping very well knowing that my chance to meet Niall Horan could end at any moment. I ate breakfast with Cas and talked to her about the plans for the day. I didn't have to go into the daycare today so I was really hoping that Cas would have the day off as well.

"Morning Cas," I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning Ryli. How did you sleep?"

"Let's not talk about that... it's been a rough few days," I replied as nicely as I could.

I made myself some breakfast, which consisted of scrambled eggs and toast with a glass of orange juice. I sat down at the table and asked Cas if she was going to be home for the day. She said she had to go into work for a few hours, but when she gets back we could hang out and maybe go shopping.

After Cas left for work, I decided that I was going to get a shower and get ready for the day. I got my shower and then couldn't figure out what to wear. Naturally... it's always a problem for me. I decided on a pair of navy blue shorts and a pink shirt that had 'Hakuna Matata' written on the front. It was a great way to remind myself throughout the day that there was no worries.

After getting dressed, I decided to grab my laptop and head out into the living room and watch some tv and write some lesson plans for the kiddos at the daycare. As I was halfway done writing my lesson plans for the next few weeks, my phone rang. I thought it was going to be Cas calling me to let me know that she was on her way home. However, it was not. I didn't recognize the number so I was really hesitant as to answer it. I decided that I was going to answer it, it could just be a telemarketer.

"Hello?"

"Good Afternoon. May I speak to Ms. Ryli Adams please?" a man said on the other line.

"Why yes you may, this is she."

"Well it is so lovely to speak with you Ms. Adams. I am calling on behalf of the contest that you have entered in to win a chance to meet Niall Horan," the man said.

At this point I didn't really want him to pause, but naturally that's exactly what he did. After a few seconds, the man on the line spoke again.

"I'm calling to inform you that you have been selected to move on to the next round. There are a few things that I need to let you know before I can tell you the date and time that you are going to move on to the next Skype call."

"Oh. Alright. What is the information?" I asked in a very excited tone.

"We wanted to let you know that this next interview is going to be pretty short and to the point. We are going to ask questions about past experiences. If this is not alright, then you have every option to leave the contest."

I immediately lost my excited tone. I didn't know what to say because I really wanted to move on and continue my journey on the chance to meet Niall Horan. At the same time I don't know if I could really handle the questions that they might ask about my past. I could be paranoid and let this ruin my opportunity.

"Sir, I would love to continue in the contest to meet Niall Horan. Asking questions about my past will be no trouble at all." I said this before I could really make up my mind which would be harder.

"That is amazing news Ms. Adams! We have scheduled your interview for tomorrow around 4pm, is that alright?" the man asked.

"Yes sir, that is perfect! Thank you so much!."