Chapter One

Hi, Wattpadians!!

This is my first story, so please don't be too hard on it, although I am definitely open to criticism.

If you hate it, just don't read it. :P

Good reading!

P.S. Don't forget to drop a comment or vote!! It means the world. :) xoxo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!

'Ughhh...', I groaned.

As I slowly squinted my eyes open, I looked over at the alarm clock.It was 6:00 in the morning. 'Too early...', I mumbled, slowly sliding out of bed and sitting up to slip on my slippers.

I got up, and walked towards the bathroom to splash my face with cool water. After I was finished, I grabbed a towel and dried my face off. I looked at myself in the mirror, cataloging my features.Green eyes, check. Straight, blond hair, check. Unremarkable features? Check.

I brushed my teeth, then grabbed my foundation, and brushing a light layer all over my face. Then I took my mascara and applied a few swipes, just to my upper lashes. I typically didn't wear a lot of makeup, especially just on school days. I walked over to my closet and pulled on some black, plain lacy underwear.

It was fall, so the weather was somewhat cool. I grabbed a pair of ripped, patched light-wash jeans, a black camisole, a white t-shirt over that, and finally my black leather jacket. I usually wore my black leather jacket every day, even when it was hot out - it was kind of like a security blanket of sorts.

One last time, I glanced in the mirror to see a petite blond girl staring back at me.

I wonder people see when they look at me.., I thought.

All I saw was a girl with moderate height issues (I was only 5'3), a small nose, and large, green eyes peering back at me from the mirror.

'SANG!!! HURRY UP!!', my mom yelled, breaking me out of my reverie.

I jumped in surprise, and then jogged out of my small room, heading towards the stairs.

Our house was an average-sized home, with two stories and a small attic space just above my room.

When I was little, I would always love to hide up there and pretend I was in a different universe, without my clashing parents and feelings of overwhelming loneliness.

You see, I am an only child.

My parents have always been somewhat distant from me and each other, always making me want to please them to get rewarded with even a little of their time and praise. So, when I was little, I spent my time on a whole number of activities - karate, Krav Maga, piano, cheerleading, various sports, languages - to try and please them.

This work, however, resulted in me being quite a lonely child, never having enough time to make friends.

My parents never seemed to get closer to me. In fact, as I grew older, they seemed to get even farther away. This past year, I realized that whatever I did, I couldn't please them more. I decided that I would learn these things, not for my parents, but for myself. I would become smart and strong, and wouldn't give up, no matter how lonely I am.

I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen.

My mother was just grabbing her purse and slipping on the heels to go with her business suit.

'Have a good day at school, I will be back around 6:00. Don't call unless it's an emergency, I am busy,' she called out, without looking back. 'Ok!', I called weakly after her.

I heard the front door slam, and walked over to the kitchen cabinet to grab one of the granola bars lying in it.

I wasn't very hungry, so I just slipped it into my book bag for later with a bottle of water.I glanced at the clock - it was 7:00. The bus would be here pretty soon.

I walked out of my house, waiting at the bus stop for the bus which would bring me to the place of hell I called Ashley Waters High School.