Chapter 56 || "Tell your girlfriend sorry."

Start from the beginning

"You didn't." He chuckled, slowly lowering the deodorant can.

I blushed, shamefully hiding my face in my hands. Ashton took this as his cue to laugh, his cheerful giggle filling the painfully quiet house. I could hear his little sister begin to stir in the room behind us and I heard a slight whimper from the toilet, reminding me of Harry's presence.

"Shít Ashton, shut up." I scolded, lightly shoving his chest before returning my attention to the toilet, guilt coursing through my body "This isn't funny."

"Yeah, right." He snorted, rolling his eyes at my lack of amusement. I ignored his sarcastic comment and continued to study the door, contemplating my next actions. I wanted to apologise, but I didn't know what I could say to make this situation any better.

'Uh, yeah. Sorry for walking in while you were mid-stream bro. My bad.'

"What are you doing?" Ashton finally questioned, watching as I hesitantly rose my hand to the door, my fingers grazing softly against the handle. I paused, shooting him sideways glance before quickly lowering my hand again, the judgement in his eyes enough to convince me that this was a bad idea.

"I was going to apologise."

"Why?"

"Because I completely invaded his privacy."

Ashton just shook his head, crossing his arms firmly across his strong chest. I hated when he acted like this, as if I were a clueless child, but I refrained from snapping at him, already knowing the outcome. I was in his house, as his guest. I would have to abide by his rules.

"What is he, eleven now? He should know to lock the goddamn door."

"He probably just forgot." I defended, slightly angered by Ashton's reaction. He should be annoyed at me, not his fücking brother - who, I must add, had done nothing wrong.

"Whatever." The blonde boy huffed, pushing past me to bang harshly against the wooden door, earning another shriek from the small boy behind it "Harry! Remember to lock the door next time, mate!"

"Okay! Tell your girlfriend sorry!"

Ashton turned to me and rose his eyebrows, earning a small chuckle in return. I felt slightly better knowing Harry felt just as badly as I did, although he had no reason to - if he needed to go he needed to go. But the fact he had referred to me as Ashton's girlfriend was what perked me up the most. How did he know? Did Ashton tell him? Was it obvious? Was I over thinking things?

In all honesty, I had completely forgotten about our new relationship status. Just as Ashton had promised, nothing had changed between us. We still acted the same, just with a title - although he had began to avoid me the past few days.

"Harry apparently knows." He grinned, lazily intertwining our fingers before tugging me back towards his room, diminishing all hope I had of emptying my uncomfortably full bladder. I followed along anyways, letting out an exasperated sigh as he led me towards his unmade bed. I wasn't in the mood to sit down. I needed to pee.

"Did you tell him?"

"No." He snorted, raising his eyebrows sceptically "Was I meant to?"

"No." I mumbled, softly sitting myself down on the edge of his bed. The mattress dipped dramatically as Ashton launched himself down beside me, managing to hit me square in the face with one of large, solid arms.

I let out a loud yelp, quickly covering my mouth as he shot me a horrified glance, his eyes wide with worry. His lips parted as my face slowly began to burn a deep ruby red, his eyebrows drawn together with confusion.