Part. 2

They had been walking for hours now. Every town, every city they went through, were desert. They were even covered by sand. Noah broke into an empty house and took bottle of water and food.

"How far is it from now?"

"Maybe few minutes, I'd say" Noah answered.

Hayley nodded. "He's not a big talker," she thought. But, it did not matter, as she did not really want to talk; even after fourth months alone.

She went in the bathroom to see if there would be something she could take. And, why wouldn't she have a shower? She checked if there was still water and fortunately, there was. She undressed herself and jumped in the bath. It felt so good; water running on her skin. Clean and hot water. She breathed loudly, as to release pressure. She began to hum a song and as she shampooed her hair, she sang at the top of her voice. It felt so good; that shower was her new source of happiness; that shower was the highlight of her days. She did not want to end that shower but...

"Miss-I-don't-know-your-name, we are leaving, come on now!"

"Let me just a minute, please!" she screamed. And quietly "Mister-I'm-too-vain-to-tell-you-where-we-are-going"

"I heard that, you know?"

He was in the bathroom!

"What the hell?! Don't you have respect?!" she furiously said.

Noah did not reply.

"You could say something, asshole!"

No answers.

"Noah?"

She opened the curtains, but nobody was here. She left her happiness and put her clothes back on.

"Noah, where are you?" she murmured.

She walked slowly, quietly. She inspected every room she saw.

Hayley finally found him, in a cute little boy's room. It was painted in green and on a wall a giant poster of that guy, known in every movie of the century, Gally Frey. There was on the floor, a car track. Noah was on the high bed. He was looking at a baseball bat.

"I was with my brother when it happened... He loved baseball. We were outside, it was a sunny day. A beautiful day. We had a fight, nothing that really mattered, but I knew that it made him uncomfortable. It made me laugh; he was a foolish little guy for me. Then, it hit the Earth. I mean, The Apocalypse began. And he ran in my direction, I took him against my chest. My little guy. I love him," Noah explained with tears in his eyes.

Suddenly, he stood up, dried up his eyes and said:

"Okay, enough tears. Let's go" he was suddenly unemotional, distant. "Young lady, we have to travel a long way"

"I'm Hayley," she said calmly, holding out her hand, waiting for him to shake it.

"Nice to meet you, Hayley" he smiled."You smell good, by the way"

Hayley burst out of laugh and said a little "thank you". Then, she stood up next to him and waited the orders. Noah went out of the room, followed by Hayley. They took everything they might need, gathered all their belongings and went off the house. Noah walked behind Hayley and he glanced at the house, one last time.

Those Who Went Beforeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें