Entree 1

Dear Diary,

Today is the day I finally attend Rachel Berry's School of Arts! I have officially made it to my dream school and with my idol, Rachel Berry herself as principle, I will be unstoppable on my way to NYADA! Oh, Daddy would be proud, if only he were here... But no being sad! This will be a great year and I will make so many friends and be popular and make the front page of the yearbook and, and, yay! Oh, I can't wait! Meanwhile, mother is calling. Time to make history so wish me luck!
Signing off for now,
Kristen Kaladassy💖

"C'mon Kristen, stop taking so long! None of that ridiculous makeup will ever change your face!" my twin brother, Kaleb, shouts at me. Sadly, since he's my twin and, even more terrible, as talented as me, I am stuck going to this new high school with him.

"Coming!" I yell back at him. I finish off my daily avocado-and-almond-butter face scrub and dab a bit of mascara over my eyelashes. I'm on my way down the stairs, listening to Kaleb mumble about girls taking "years" to get ready.

"Finally!" he sighs and I follow him out the door.

"Bye Mom!" Kaleb and I chorus. She smiles and holds up a camera.

"At least one picture, please? It's your first day!" our mother gathers us together and I fix my hair.

"Mom, we're not in kindergarten!" Kaleb crosses his arms and rolls his eyes. Honestly, he's done that so much I'm surprised they haven't rolled onto the floor and out the door like one of those runaway meatballs!
I put on a big smile and shove Kaleb out of the way right as Mother takes the picture.

"Aww, my babies are all grown up! Your father would be proud!" she sniffles.

"Thanks Mom but we kinda got to go now so, umm, bye!" I say and she bustles out the door.

"Be brave, my darlings!" she waves from the doorway as I skip down the driveway.

"Ugh, can she ever be quiet about that sappy stuff?" Kaleb grumbles and follows me, just not as happily.

"Come on grumpy, cheer up!" I say and continue along the sidewalk, down to the bus stop. I'm looking down at the beautiful fall leaves being crunched under my converse on the concrete and don't realize until the last moment that a girl my age has stopped in front of me.

I stumble to a halt, bumping into the girl and almost knocking them over but causing myself to fall over in the process.

"Eww, watch where you're going freak, this is designer!" she brushes off her jacket and straightens her sunglasses. She goes back to her little clique of friends and I stand there, stunned.

Kaleb had stopped back at the sign post, playing on his phone and leaving me by myself.

I recollect myself and start to get up when a boy walks over, holding out a hand. The designer-girl rolls her eyes in disgust and whips her long hair around.

"Hi, sorry about June. She's very... Fashionista-like and extremely protective of her clothes." the boy says, helping me up after I cautiously place my hand in his.

"Thank you. I've never seen someone as handsome as you," I whisper, letting my guard down.

"Oh my gosh, did I just say that out loud? I am so sorry!" I cover my mouth, surprised at my outburst.

"It's okay, I kind of get that a lot. I'm Oliver Q by the way. Attended the only middle school of arts in the country and now I'm planning on joining the glee club at Miss Berry's high school. You?" Oliver replies, seemingly okay with my stupid big-mouth.

"Well, umm, I went to regular middle school and I uh, I plan on joining glee club as well. Oh and my names' Kristen. I probably should have said that first..." I trail off, embarrassment clearly showing in my now pink cheeks.

"I gotta go but, uh, I'll see you around Kristen." Oliver smiles at me and goes off to his friends.

The bus finally pulls up and I climb in, hoping to sit with Kaleb but he's already made a friend and not even bothering with me so I sit at an empty seat. Almost as soon as I sit down, another girl slides into the seat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Emily Philips! I saw you run into June! She seems really worked up, I mean you "dented" her jacket and talked to Oliver in the same five minutes! Oh, sorry am I talking to much? I do that a lot, it's a bad habit of mine, I talk a lot when I'm really excited!" she says really speedy. I sit there, eyes wide and curious.

"Kristen Kaladassy," we shake hands.
"I'm new to this whole art-school-only thing; I just moved from Charleston, Oregon." I glance out the window at the city known as the Concrete Jungle.

"Well then, welcome to New York City!" Emily stares out the window with me as we pass Central Park.

"Thank you," I breathe out in awe.
"I'm gonna go on a limb here and guess something happened between Oliver and June?" I ask Emily.

"Yea, they were dating in early 8th grade and then he left her because she got too clingy and demanding. Now she wants him back and hates anyone who tries to think twice about him. She will make your life a living hell if you even look at him again. I suggest you watch out." she nods. I sigh and get my messenger bag ready when the bus pulls into the high school parking lot.

Emily and I compare schedules, discovering we have all the same classes. She and I walked around campus together, soon ending up in glee club auditions.

"Alright! Let's see what you guys got!" Miss Rachel Berry herself is teacher of the glee club as well as principle. We all lined up and started our warmups, waiting for the others.

"You got this Kristen Kaladassy! You are a star, just like Rachel Berry!" I whisper to myself.

"Eww the freak talks to herself!" June walks up. Her clique snickers behind her and I turn away.

"Miss Kristen Kaladassy! You're up!" Rachel calls out. I take a deep breath and walk out onto the stage.

"Go on Miss Kristen! Impress me!" Rachel says smiling. I hold center stage and begin to sing a song I know she'll love: New York State of Mind.

I finish and Rachel's companions applaud.
"Well, Miss Kristen, that was..." Rachel starts.

Read on to find out! I hope you enjoy this story and continue reading, I will write more soon! Please comment, I don't mind criticism! 😃