Chapter 30

"Ummmm." Tristan say dropping it to the floor and stepping on top of it, "nothing." he says acting like he had nothing in his hand. I physically want to face palm but I know in this moment I can't. She bends down and picks it up and my knees start to wobble and my vision blurs and suddenly I'm back in the forest I was in this morning.

I look around and see the three figures from this morning but they aren't looking at me or chasing after me like they had when I had exited the vision. 

"It must have been a ghost." One of them says.

"No. It was a person." My mother says.

"How did they just disappear then?" One asks.

"I have no idea." My mother says shrugging and I silently crawl behind a tree. I try hearing what they are saying but they aren't saying anything. I strain my ears to try and tell if they are just whispering, but they aren't. I can't hear them at all. I peak my head around the tree and they aren't there. And the forest isn't dark anymore. As if someone flicked a light on, the sun is shining through the leaves of the tree and down onto the back of someone new.

Before I can ask who they are, I smell something rotten and disease-ridden. A demon. Semiazas. I stand up and walk out from behind the tree. In that moment I know, this isn't just a silly dream or vision. This is something Semiazas has created. A little world for me and him. He went into my vision and manipulated it completely, making something of his own. Without others to distract him. Without Lucius.

"Hello." I great. I know politeness won't win this battle, but it's probably a good start to show him I am still human. Not some evil monster like him. I still have a soul. I will never sink to his level no matter what, no matter how much he drains me. And no matter how much of myself becomes him. I will never become such a low life like John Walker. 

"Hello." He surprises me with this greeting back. "I am not as evil as you think I am." He says in a low voice stepping closer to me. He is in a suite. It is completely black, except a white tie with a red rose in the handkerchief pocket. His hair is gelled to his head, not in a pedophile way but in a way you thought only Leonardo DiCaprio could pull off. His eyes are about glowing, but his iris's are black. He looks good. Well a demon should, they can convince any handsome man with a troubled life to sell his  soul. 

"Not yet, anyways." He says.

"Hmmm?" I ask, not really paying attention to what he had said earlier. Which could become a problem, do I decide to start paying extra close attention to him. 

"Not yet, I'm not as evil as you think I am, yet. But in half a millisecond I could become the literal devil." He says disappearing for a second then appearing right in front of me. He traces his hand against my cheek, my skin burns as he sends his finger tip from my cheek bone to my jaw. Unlike Lucius his touch is one of pure evil. Of hell. 

"God and his priests, and his kings, will turn their faces. Even they feel the cold. They know that what is being taken cannot be stopped, cannot be forgotten, cannot be forsaken." I shiver when he says this. Even with his burning hand on my face I can still have enough coldness in me to shiver. Maybe that's what he meant by 'even they will feel the cold.' 

"Why me?" I ask in a quiet voice, simply wanting a straightforward answer. He steps back from me.

"Because you are the chosen one."

"Like in videogames? Like the Zelda games." I say. What am I talking about video games for? How random is that? Why the hell would I decide to say that now? Wait. I close my eyes and concentrate. When I open them I see a small sliver of light leading from my body into Semiazas's. He is draining my energy but at a slow pace. I'm not sure if that is good or bad for me. I remember Lucius once saying that if he completely depletes my soul that I will become his servant. I'll be dead, but I won't be dead. It will be an eternity of hell, until I just do not exist anymore not even my soul will exist. I will constantly be in pain and he will be gaining from my pain. And if he is draining me this slow already, then how long will my 'eternity' be?