Chapter 7

I had tried going back to sleep. But it just wasn't working for me. So as I lay in bed now, sleep avoided me. I can't really say I tried to get back to sleep. I didn't want to keep going to the vision. I didn't want to see Luscious die again. I just wanted him to be here. So I waited to see if he'd come back.

But he didn't. And by 6:30 I decided he probably wasn't coming back today. Maybe ever. What am I saying? He had to come back. Right?

Even though it's 6:30 and it's Sunday, I get up and take a shower. I let the warm water calm me. I start to hum softly, a song I had heard in a video I had watched once.

"Where do you want to be

I'm talking 'bout you and me

What do you want

What do you see

And where is forever residing?

A girls gotta make her peace

With a man, to understand things

Clear out the way

To travel today

Oh, darling

Where do you want to be?"
I sing softly as if I sang louder I would wake up the house.

The song is right though. I need to clear out the way, I need a man, I need to understands things. I need to know where I want to be. I mean I'm a senior and I've only had a boyfriend once in my life. And it only lasted like 2 months.

What was I thinking? Having a crush on a ghost? That's going to get me nowhere! I need to know where I want to be. And I don't want to be with a ghost. How would that even work?

I start to sing more of the song

"The dream I have

Oh I plan everything,

From the cups to the kitsch

To every little niche,

To us running to each other like the old time movies

I don't mean to push but I was

Just wondering

Where do you want to be?"

But then again maybe I don't need to have a stable relationship. I don't need to know how my life is going to turn out, I don't need to plan out everything.

Now I'm just confusing myself. This is a song for crying out loud, not a personal message telling me that I should or shouldn't fall in love with a ghost!

I'm pulled from my thoughts when I hear a cough from outside the shower curtain. Didn't I lock the bathroom door?

I peak my head outside the shower curtain, just enough to see who's there but not enough to give them a show.

You'll never guess who's standing outside the curtain. Yes it's Luscious. I don't say anything, I just take in his handsome figure. He always looks the same since ghost can't really change what they look like, they always wear the same clothes, the clothes they died in.

He's wearing dark jeans and a light blueish green shirt, with black converse. He's always wearing it but I don't think I'll ever get sick of it, Or his eyes, and mouth and hair. And his jaw, holy shit his jaw.

Before I can babble on about his jaw he speaks up.

"You have a lovely voice." He says very properly.

"Thanks. But I don't. You must have hearing problems." I say returning back to my shower.

"If you peak at me while I'm showering. I will kill you." I say before realizing he's already dead.

"That'd be kinda hard to do babe." He says. Did he just call me babe? I can already feel my cheeks heating up. He probably did it on accident. Don't make a big deal out of it Mandy, don't make
a big deal out of it.

"I'd find a way." I joke before turning the water off.

"Now get out so I can change." I say sternly and peek my head out into the bathroom.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be in your room." He says leaving.

I quickly step out if the shower and put on some black leggings and an oversized maroon sweater. I quickly but my long hair into a messy bun on the top of my head, and walk out of the bathroom, down the hallway, and into my room.

Luscious standing in my room just like he had promised.

"So why are you up so early?" He asks.

I just shrug. I'm not sure if I should tell him about the vision or not. Eh, he'd find out anyways so why not.

"I had the vision again." I say watching his response. His shoulders but then loosens up quickly.

"Oh" he says turning to face me. That's it? Just oh?

"Yup." I say popping the 'p'.

"I don't know what they mean, so let's not worry about it."' He says cooly. He seems a lot more comfortable with the vision today than he was last night. I'm not complaining, it's just a little strange. I thought he would be all over me, asking if anything changed in it or something. I wasn't expecting just an "oh." And a "lets not worry about it."

"Okay..." I say and trail off. Well this is awkward.

"Do you wanna do something today?" He asks turning around to look at me.

"Like what?" I ask. What can ghosts really do? And what can I do with him that won't make me look crazy.

"We could take a walk." He suggests. I look outside, the days had been getting colder but not by much. This fall had been surprisingly warm only in the 50s and 60s then again it is only the middle of October.

"Sure." I agree. What else could I do that wouldn't make me look crazy while hanging out with a ghost? Not much. I check the clock it's almost 8. Wow I was in the shower for a while.

" I just need to put on shoes and a coat." I tell him heading to my closet to grab my big old fall jacket. Then we go downstairs and I put on my old dirty combat boots and head outside. There is a slight breeze but it's not that cold out. The leaves are turning color and it looks gorgeous.

"Where do you wanna walk?" I ask Luscious.

"The trail in the back?" He asks.

"Sure" I nod. How did he know about that? I love walking that trail. Especially in fall, but usually with my camera.

We head to the back if the house and to the edge of the yard where the woods start.

"Ladies first" he says and I walk onto the trail. In the woods it'd surprisingly dark, the overcast sky adding to the darkness.

Luscious and I walk a bit with out saying anything. It's not an awkward silence just a nice calm silence.

"It's so pretty out here." I comment the inanimate forest.

"It really is." Luscious nods looking around. He is shimmering, but not too much, he almost looks real. I love it when he looks almost human like. It makes my chances with him seem a little more possible.

What am I saying? There are no chances with him. He's a ghost. I tell myself. But there is a small voice in the back of my mind, saying 'there might be a chance, eventually.'

Yeah there'll be a chance when I'm dead.

Why did he have to die?

"Hey it's not like I wanted to die." Luscious says. What? Dammit I need to control my thoughts.

"Sorry, I forgot you can read my mind." I say, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Like I said before? I'm not reading your mind. Your just putting your thoughts out there." Luscious states.

"Well how do I stop putting my thoughts out in the open?" I ask.

"You have to like put a shield up... Well you sort of...It's hard to explain." He says trying to think of a way to put it.

"Close your eyes." He says. I look at him quizzically but then do as I'm told.

"Now empty your mind." He says.

"How do I do that?" I ask.

"Think of nothing, of total whiteness or total blackness." He says and I picture the darkness from the vision.

"Now just let it grow." He says. And I stand there with my eyes closed letting the darkness consume my brain as I think of nothing. It's very peaceful.

"Okay now pretend your taking a key and locking the darkness in place." He says. And I picture my self locking the blackness in place.

"Now open your eyes." He says and I slowly open my eyes.

"Do you feel calm?" He asks and I nod, I feel very calm and peaceful and I don't want it to end by speaking.

"Now in your mind try to shout something."

I nod.

"I think I like you a lot!" I try to shout in my mind but it seems to be quiet.

"Woah." I say outloud.

"Yeah, now it's only temporary and considering now is your first time it will only last a little bit, but if you practice you can get good at it." Luscious explains and starts to walk again.

"Cool. Why can I do this?" I ask following him.

"I guess it's just something you can do. It's like how you can see me. It's just one of your abilities." He says, and I nod just listening. I feel to calm and it's starting to weird me out.

"Is there a way to unsheild my thoughts?" I ask.

"I don't know. I never tried it, I wasn't even sure if you were going to be able to do it in the first place." He tells me.

"Why not? Are you doubting my abilities?" I joke.

"I just didn't know if a human would be able to do it." He says honestly.

"You are doubting my abilities!" I say trying to sound serious but I end up giggling.

"You are an interesting girl Mandy." He says as we reach the end of the woods. These woods end at a small lake. The next step I take I'm on standing on rough sand.

"That I am." I say and I can already feel my thought shield wearing off.
So much for that.

"I told you it takes practice." Luscious says sitting down on one of the boulders by the lake.

I sigh and sit down next to him, looking out at the lake. The sky is still overcast but the lake looks as beautiful as ever.

"It's so pretty." I say admiring the lake.

"Yes, you are." Luscious says beside me. I look over at him, and look him straight in the eyes.

"I wish I could kiss your right now." I say almost in adudible.

"Me too Mandy, me too."

----//----

AN: Don't worry guys I got big things planned. Ever seen the ending of ghost. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAH. Anyways don't give up on me because they didn't kiss! Thank you guys for 300 reads! Woot woot! Okay so I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

This is an extremely rough copy I didn't read it over before I posted it so sorry for errors. & stuff.

Okay I think that's all.
Peace Out Ducklings ✌️