A Glimpse into the Past

My brother had once again been asked, by my oblivious father, to take care of me. I had recently turned 16 and my brother was a mere two years and ten months older than me. He was currently 18 years old going on 19 living with his roommate, Mark who is currently 24 years old. So whenever my brother has to take care of me he doesn't mind dropping me off with his roommate. I had never minded, I was a fan of Markiplier's and I didn't find it to be troubling to hang around him all alone.

Mark, on the other hand, was very suspicious at first, he used to watch me and ask what I wanted to do, I honestly didn't want to bother him so that was my response, he just seemed to glare at me and I started to feel worried about staying alone with Mark.

It was around the third time he asked that I finally asked very politely to play computer games against him.

I remember playing Team Fortress 2 together and he was getting really competitive after beating me once, it was then that I stopped playing nice and kicked his ass three times in a row. He just stared at me as I sat back and effortless killed him over and over again.

"You've played this before!" He accused and I put my hand on my chest in mock defense.

"Dear sir, are you saying I cheated?" He crossed his arms and almost looked impressed. When he called for a rematch I sighed.

"You totally cheated this time!" He pouted and left the room. I exited out and left the room with him before sitting down next to him on the couch.

"Wanna watch a Disney movie?" I asked and he glared at me.

"Of course I wanna watch a Disney movie."

He left and came back with Mulan. We sang 'Make a Man Out of You' together and afterwards I drifted off to sleep.

This ended up being a regular occurrence, watching Disney movies and singing until I fell asleep. At first he just left me be, but later on he would put a blanket on me and when we were really good friends he would lay me on his bed and he would sleep on the couch.

These moments are when I truly started developing a crush on Mark.

My favorite memory was the day that Mark got a new call of duty game for the Xbox. He knew that I sucked at every other game system that wasn't a computer.

"Let's place bets now that it's fair game!" He said excitedly and I shrugged.

"Yeah sure, just know that you're gonna win." he scoffed.

"Ye have little faith young one!" I smiled at this and looked over at him.

"So if you win, what do you want?" He seemed to be thinking very hard on this part. He finally got an evil grin and I looked at him with worry.

"If I win," he proclaimed in a kingly voice that was rather funny, "you must," *pause for dramatic effect* "kiss me on the cheek!" He finished and I blushed and nodded.

"Y-yeah ok, and if I win....I get to play a game with you in a video! That way I can embarrass you in front of all your fans!" He glared at me.

"Well aren't you the evil one." He said with a sort of weirded out look.

As I expected, he kicked my ass at it and I lost. He smirked down at me and chuckled evilly.

"You know what you gotta do!" I rolled my eyes and giggled before leaning forward, he faced me and looked a little downward. I tilted my head and smirked.

"My eyes are up here," I teased and he blushed before looking up into my eyes. "Now turn so I can properly kiss your cheek. He smirked and turned his head. I placed a gentle kiss on his cheek and he sighed into the action.

His face was bright red and it was rather adorable to watch. "I honestly thought you would slap me instead." he said in surprise. I tilted my head once more.

"I would never hit you Mark, especially not in the face!" I said with a scoff. "That would be a waste of energy," I joked.

He glared down at me and then we both burst out into a fit of laughter.

A few months later and my brother was moving out, giving me no excuse to see the person I loved and who, I hoped, loved me back. I cried in my room and never answered when people asked why.

Skip forward to the present day where I am currently 18 and he is now 26. He's obviously moved by all his home tour videos and I had lost his contact and email so now plan B, hacking into his YouTube account to find where he's been posting from and giving him a surprise visit. Sure I could send him a message this way and alert him to my oncoming arrival, but that's for losers...and normal people.

But normal human being I am not!

I got into my car and drove to his address. I knocked on the door three times and waited. After a while I knocked again.

"Hold on!" I heard that familiar baritone voice coming through the door. I waited patiently with a smile on my face, I had a bag full of clothes in the car since he lived so far away and I was currently wearing a black, slim-fitting, long-sleeved shirt and jeans that hugged my thighs and flared at my knees.

He opened the door calmly and looked at me with his mouth open as if to say something but no words came out. I giggled and he smiled slightly.

"Excuse me miss," he said in a flirty tone that made me blush a little, "but do I know you from somewhere, you look extremely familiar," the sincerity made my heart drop a bit.

"Well, my brother used to be your roommate, you remember the one who was always out partying and dumping me on you?" Realization flashed across his face and he hugged me tightly, he was only a few inches taller than me now and my forehead was nose height on him.

"(Y/N), I missed you so much kid!" I sighed into the embrace and hugged back enthusiastically.

"Missed you too, Markimoo," he pulled away and looked me over with surprise.

"Well?" He looked at me expectantly while standing aside. "You gonna come in?" I bounced up happily.

"Of course!" I stepped into the house, not caring about the luggage in my car.

I looked around at his large, and slightly empty, house that was actually very clean for a bachelor's place.

"So um, I was kind of filming when you knocked so, gotta get back to that," he scratched the back of his neck. "So um, go ahead and make yourself at home!"

I nodded and thanked him before plopping down on the sofa and clicking on the TV, turning it down low. I looked up and watched him walk back to his recording room, he still had a perfect butt. I was glad he didn't catch me staring as he rounded the corner and stepped out of sight. I sat back on the couch with a sigh.

This was gonna be fun!