Winged Sekirei

BAMMM!!
The sound of the dungeon cage is closing.
'Hmm, I wonder who it could be?' I thought. I have never heard a dungeon ever since the Black Beauty Sisters cleaned it. Like literally cleaning it. Their backstory was tough but they got a happy ending. Or in my case a happy beginning!!
I swam down to the palace floor, where the dungeons are, I saw a familiar dress.

-flashback-
I remember my first fight. I was only 12 and I didn't have my pearl. Without it I can't sing a harmony of love to defeat. But I already knew how to use a sword.
"You will not hurt my kingdom, my family, or my friends!!!"
My parents were at the other kingdoms and left me in charge of the Pink/Red Mermaid Kingdom.
"You ruined my life after what you did to Gaito-sama!" Cried the water demon.
"What are you talking about?! I would never hurt my uncle! He decided to go down with his castle!! And I wasn't even born yet!" She swung her sword and I fell on the ground. Struggling on the floor with the water demon's sword in my face. She looked at me smiling with a smirk. "Is that all you can do? Stop and cry of what happened in the past? You told you were brave and you would never cry. Turns out I was wrong."
"Shut up! Your time ends now princess." The water demon raised her sword up at me, I needed to wait for the perfect time, "Now you will die! I'm Leona, the water demon of poison, and I will never loose!"
"Pfft yea right. Are you gonna kill me already?"
"I may have lost everything but I have not lost my dignity yet." She swung her sword down then my wings appeared. I flew away just in time and grabbed my sword.
"Leave this kingdom and never return."
"My my princess. You are also a sekirei. But you are weak. I'll fight you again when you have your full wings. Until then."
Then she left.
-end of flashback-

I never understood what the word sekirei meant but I have the feeling I'm the only sekirei.
Just who am I, who am I really?! I don't know what I am.
"Ahhh princess. We meet again."
I turned around and saw the water demon from before.
"What are you doing here?! I told you, you were banished!!"
"You still haven't found your ashikabi yet young Sekirei." She looked all weak and had messy hair.
"What do you mean?? What does that mean?!"
"*laughs evilly* Sekirei means bird. You are part phoenix, a sekirei needs an ashikabi to unlock her true power."
"You are wise for an evil person." I swam closer to her cell. "Now tell me, what do you know about this battle. How did it even start." I was obviously pissed off. I grabbed her shirt and pulled her near me.
"All I know is that I started it. So I can end it."
"How can you end it. Tell me or else I'll sing my Pichi Pichi Voice."
"You and me will end this in a battle. No singing aloud. Just you, your sword, your wings, and we will do it on land."
"What will you have to make it fair? And what will you do after the person wins?"
"If you win, I will isolate all water demons down in the darkness but 5 to restore balance, if you loose..."
"Tell me what would happen Karasuba Leona."
"We will see what happens."
In the distance I hear a voice.
"Sakura! Sakura! Did You Miss us!!" It was Luchia. "What are you doing?! Whatever you do don't make any deals with that damned criminal!!" Seeing how scared my mom was to loose me and seeing how much my people, friends, and family means to me made me realize that my life didn't matter that much. The kingdom only needs one princess to rule anyway. I turned to Karasuba-san.
"You have yourself a deal. But you carry your poison darts, sword, and you. We meet on land as soon as I find my ashikabi."
"See you soon." She said.

"Gaurds!!" I commanded.
"Yes your majesty?"
"Set this prisoner free."
"But princess...."
"Set her free or I'll send you to treason. And I'll kill you myself."
"Yes, Princess." Said the first gaurd.
"Right away." Said the second gaurd.

"What did you do Sakura Nanami Domoto?" Cried Luchia.
I didn't want to break her heart. Not now. She is so sensitive. I can't.
"Mom?"
"Yess?"
"Tell dad to call off the troops. Order Sheshe's troop to not attack. Tell Mimi that I called off everything."
"Okay. Why?"
"Sorry mom. I'm ending this war myself. Don't try to help me when it's time. Just get the troops to surround the kingdom and prevent intruders."
She left in tears. I didn't want to hurt her. I just need to finish of what I started.

The Melody of Love and Suffering