Chapter 6 ☮

There's a fire starting in my heart,  

Reaching a fevered pitch and it's bringing me out the dark. 

Finally, I can see you crystal clear,  

Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare,  

See how I'll leave with every piece of you,  

Don't underestimate the things that I will do. 

-Adele/ Rolling In The Deep-

Ray spotted me down the hall. He didn't say anything. I just held my head down and walked to Biology. Instead of my usual seat by Ray, I just sat in the back of the room. I gazed out of the window and just thought what would life be like if Ray didn't meet Khera. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for Ray. But he should just choose a better girl than Khera. Then the bell interrupted my thought and everyone came pouring in. Mr.Kru came on with his lab coat. "Alright class lab coats on," he instructed us. I swiftly put my lab coat on. "Okay class we will be changing the color of fire. Now please turn on your Bunsen burner." I turned the knob and the flame came on. "Okay pour 1 gram copper chloride powder and 2 cups butane liquid into a glass jar." I did what he instructed. "Next, Mix with solution with a glass stirrer. Then, Remove the protective sponge of the lighter. That exposes the fuel container. Next, Pour the solution into the fuel container using a small funnel. Lastly, Strike the flint of the lighter. The flame burns blue. Store the remaining solution for future use." I watched in amazement as how my flame turned blue. "Wow," I said excitedly. "You act like you've never seen blue fire," Khera said. I couldn't even enjoy my moment without her ruining everything. I just kept quiet and held my head down. The whole class laughed. "Alright settle down," Mr. Kru said. After another 45 minutes of class, the bell finally rang. THANK GOD! I hurridely got out of Biology and went straight to Arithmetic so Ray wouldn't ask me what's wrong. I rapidly went into Mrs.Karlie class. "Ms. Grande what are you doing in class early today?" she asked me. "The lord told me to turn my life and that's exactly what I'm doing," I said guilty. I quickly grabbed my hair and twirled my hair. "Well okay," she said. She left me all alone in the room. It seemed like only yesterday me and Ray were throwing spitballs. HAHA! Good Times.

--------------------------------- 

Flashback

"Pst! Pst! Zendaya!," Ray whispered shouted. I ignored him and tried to focus on my work. "Pst! Zendaya," he whispered shouted again. I tried to ignore him again. This time He threw a paper ball at my head. "What?!?," I whispered. "I bet you won't spit a spitball at Mrs.Karlie's head," he challenged me. "No! I will not get in trouble for you!," I spat. "Wimp! Wimp! Wimp!" Ray challenged. "Me? Wimp? Pssshhhh," I stated. The truth was I never got in trouble before. I MEAN NEVER. I pushed my glasses back on my face. I snatched the straw. "Give me a piece of paper," I told Ray. He tore a little piece of his paper, handed it to me and he did the same. We put the pieces in out mouths and wet the pieces nice and good. We stuck it and the straw. PEW! That was a big mistake. As soon as Mrs. Karlie turned around both pieces hit her forehead. "MS.GRANDE AND MR. LOPEZ OFFICE! NOW!" She said it with so much fear I actually ran out of my seat to the office. Ray just laughed and walked out slowly.