Chapter 5

hey guys, sorry it's taken me so long to upload. but hopefully i can upload more freaquently since my school work has become a lot less.

anyways, i hope that you guys like this chapter. please, leave comments, i love hearing what you guys have to say.

so please, vote, rate, comment, fan?

                                                                             +++++++++++

Chapter 5

I stepped into the gym, the overwhelming smell of sweat getting to me, making my stomach churn. I can’t believe I let Cayden talk me into this. I didn’t want to learn how to box. I mean, haven you ever actually heard of a female boxer? ‘Cause I sure as hell haven’t.

I stood there at the door, wishing I could walk back out into the cold breeze and fresh air. But I could see Cayden looking at me expectantly, and I knew that he wouldn’t let me leave. He was standing by a punching bag, waiting for me to walk over to him, even though I really didn’t want to do this. So, I just stood there, my feet planted in the ground, showing him I wasn’t moving. He sighed.

“Come on, Cindy. It’s not going to kill you, I promise,” he said, almost trying to convince me that it wasn’t so bad.

“And how do you know that? Tons of people have died from injuries from boxing. Who’s to say I won’t be one of them?”

“Oh really. Name one,” Cayden said. I just looked at him. Truthfully, I didn’t know of anyone who actually died from boxing injuries. I mean, people died from concussions, but that could also be everyday people who don’t even box. So I just looked at him, while a triumphant smile crossed his face, irritating me.

“Just because I can’t name one, doesn’t mean that it’s not true. Like I said, who’s to say that I won’t die from an injury?” I challenged him again.

“Because I just know Cindy. I promise that I won’t let anything hurt you.” I just looked at him disbelievingly. I mean, here’s this guy who I barely know, and who barely knows me, and yet he’s promising that he’ll protect me from the injuries of boxing? It just didn’t make sense, and I didn’t know if I could trust him.

“I’m sorry, Cayden, but I just can’t.” I could see a look of confusion cross Cayden’s face. I knew that he just wouldn’t understand, and never would. So, I just turned around, opened the door, and headed for the stairs that led to my apartment.

I could hear Cayden’s footsteps following me, but I just ignored them, hoping he would turn around and go away. But, his footsteps started getting faster, and got closer. I was almost at the top of the stairs, and hoped that I would get inside before he caught up to me. Unfortunately, my hopes were shattered when I felt a big, strong hand grasp my arm and turn me around. I came face-to-face with a very confused and angry looking Cayden.

“Seriously, you’re backing out?” Cayden asked. I couldn’t answer him. I could feel a lump in my throat beginning to form, and I knew that if I said anything, I wouldn’t be able to stop the tears that would be unleashed.

“So you’re not going to say anything now? God Cindy, I thought you wanted to be tougher; to finally get rid of all that sadness and hatred you have inside you. But, obviously not.” I just starred at him, unable to hold the tears that began falling down my face, leaving streams in their place, because Cayden was right. He was totally right. I wanted to be tougher, I wanted people to know that they couldn’t just push me around, yell at me, even beat me, and that it would be okay. Because it wasn’t. But I just couldn’t bring myself to actually do anything about it. I don’t know why, but that’s just the way it is.