Chapter 2

hey guys, so here's the next chapter, i'm going to try and update regularily, but i've also got school and everything, so if i don't upload within a couple of days, than don't get mad please. but anyways, here's the next chapter, hope you like it:)

vote, rate, comment, fan???

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO TheEverLasting

TheEverLasting

                                                                              +++++++

Chapter 2

I couldn’t believe that this was happening. I finally had my way out. I wouldn’t have to go home anymore, I would have a safe place to sleep, and there would be no more yelling. Well, not that much at least. I mean, after all, this is a boxing training facility. The coaches must yell a little.

Coach lead me to his office to show me the paperwork that I would be dealing with. I was mainly just registration, fight dates, other competitions, bills, just stuff like that.

Once Coach had showed me what to do, he left the office so that he could help some of the boys train. So I got started. Really, all I had to do tonight was file, which wasn’t hard at all. Once I actually began filing, I heard the door creak open, but didn’t look up, and continued on with my filing.

“Coach?” I heard a male voice ask. I looked up to see a tall, blond, very built guy standing right in front of me. He stared at me with these big blue eyes, almost as if he was completely shocked. His mouth hung open, and if it were possible, it would of hit the floor, and I just stared at him, wondering if he was able to comprehend a coherent sentence, as his eyes looked me over from head to toe, in an unbelievingly manor.

I just stood there for what felt like an hour, waiting for him to compose himself. But, when I finally realized that he wasn’t going to, I cleared my throat, and his eyes shot back to mine, and he closed his mouth almost instantly.

“Coach isn’t here. He left a little while ago to help someone train.”

“Oh, um, okay, thanks,” the guy said.

“No problem,” I said, and nodded my head, and went back to my work, hoping that he wouldn’t see my the redness that was beginning to creep up into my cheeks.

“Um, did Coach say when he’ll be back?” the guy asked.

“No, he didn’t. But if you want, I can leave him a message that you stopped by,” I said. I could feel a small smile pull at my lips, and I couldn’t resist the full on smile that spread across my face.

“Um, no, that’s alright. I’ll just wait here until Coach gets back,” the guy said, closing the door and walking into the room. My smile fell, as knots began to form in the pit of my stomach. I didn’t want to be alone with I guy I didn’t even know, in a small office, with no one else here.

“No, that’s not necessary, just give me your name and I’ll leave him a message.” I was panicking now. I didn’t want him to stay here with me. I mean, if he tired something, I wouldn’t be able to stop him. I mean, he’s probably four times stronger than I was, so I wouldn’t be able to stop him, which terrified me.

“Don’t worry, I have time to spare. And besides, I wouldn’t mind spending some extra time with you,” he said, dropping into the chair closest to the door, only the desk separating us now.

“I really think it would be better if you left a message instead.” I tried to sound as confident as I could, praying that my voice wouldn’t betray the fear that ran through my veins. Instantly, a smile began to form on his face, and he leaned forward, placing his forearms on the desk.

“Are you afraid of me?”

“No, of course not,” I said, my voice cracking, clearly betraying me. But all that did was make him chuckle, obviously boosting his ego.

“Really,” he said, leaning back in the chair, crossing his arms over his chest, his muscles becoming very defined, “because I think that you are.”

“Well, then, you’d be wrong.” I tried to say it as confidently as I could, but I’m not sure if it came out that way.

He just smiled and shook his head, almost as if he couldn’t believe how stubborn I was. And I am; I know it. And I’m not going to let him believe that I’m afraid of him, even though I sort of am.

“I’m Cayden, by the way,” the guy said, his smile stilled plastered on his face.

“That’s nice,” I said, turning back to my work, hoping that he would get the message that I really wanted him to leave.

“That’s it, that’s all I get,” he complained. I couldn’t help but laugh a little, only from the annoyance in his voice.

“What else were you expecting?”

“Your name.” I stopped my filing and looked at him. I didn’t want to give him my name. I didn’t want him in the office with me, period. But it didn’t seem like either one of them was going to happen.

“Cindy.”

“Cindy, nice name.”

“Thanks,” I said.

“You’re welcome,” Cayden said. I turned back to my work, trying to get all of it done soon, so that way I could get upstairs to bed. But I would have to wait for Coach to come back and give me the key. But that shouldn’t take that long.

“So, what exactly are you doing here?” Cayden asked. My head snapped to him the second he asked the question. I wasn’t going to tell him the truth. He had no reason or right to know. So I’m not going to tell him everything, just what will get him off my back.

“Coach is letting me stay in the upstairs apartment, just as long as I help out with the office work and laundry, and I guess anything else there is to do here,” I said. Cayden blew out a low whistle sound as he continued to lean back in the chair.

“That’s a sweet deal,” Cayden said.

“Yup, it is.” Cayden finally stopped talking, and I continued with the filing that has now taken longer than it should have. It was silent for a while, and I had actually thought that Cayden left, but when I heard him tapping his foot on the floor, I knew that he was still sitting there in the chair, staring at me.

“Don’t you have somewhere else to be at…” I looked at the clock for the time, because I had no idea how long I’ve actually been here. “11:30 at night?” I asked, sounding more like a statement, though.

“Nope, not really,” he said.

“Lucky me.”

“You don’t like me, do you?” Cayden asked.

“I don’t know you well enough not to like you. But you do annoy me.”

“Fair enough,” Cayden said. Suddenly, the office door opened, and in waked Coach. He just looked at me, and then down at Cayden, and a small smile formed on his lips.

“All done now, Cayden?” Coach asked.

“Yea, dad, I’m done.”

“Alright, lets go home then. Cindy, here’s the key to the apartment upstairs. Make yourself at home,” Coach said. I just nodded my head, I didn’t know what else to say. I was in too much shock. Dad? Really? Cayden was Coaches son. It was just too extreme to believe.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow than, Cindy,” Cayden said, winking at me. He shoved his hands in his pocket, a smirk plastered on his face, and followed Coach out the door.

Well, at least I knew that this place would never get boring.