Chapter 3..

"Oh my God, that guy is a freak!" I exclaimed, thinking I was alone in my new dorm.

"What's that?" A voice asked. I felt my face reddened as I noticed a girl sitting on one of the two beds in the room. She had bright red hair, and green eyes. She was wearing a lot of black eye liner, and a school uniform. A green plaid skirt, and white collared shirt. And a black tie.

"Um, nothing," I muttered, setting my back pack on my bed, and setting my suitcase next to the bed.

"I mean, who's the freak?" she asked with a laugh.

"Oh, um, I don't know. Some guy named Brian." I mumbled, feeling nervous. She laughed, and stood up off her bed, leaving the comic book she had been reading on laying there half open. She stuck out her hand.

"I'm Chris." She said.

"Um, hi, I'm Jo." I replied.

"Brian is just like that. What did he do? Give you the 'I killed someone' routine?" She asked, giggling.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well, don't worry. He did it to me too, in my first year. You're a junior, right?" she asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Me too." She said with a grin. "You better get a uniform on. It's Monday."

"So?" I asked.

She laughed. "It's a school rule. Uniforms have to be worn on weekdays."

"I don't have a uniform." I said nervously, thinking, oh God, I'm going to break a school rule on the first day....

"Yes you do." Said Chris. "In your closet." I turned around and sure enough, there were two closets. "The one on the left is yours." Said Chris, walking over, and pulling it open for me. And there it was, half a closet full of school uniforms, all in my size.

"That's a little weird." I said.

"Yeah. You'll get used to it." She said with a shrug, as she flopped down on her bed.

"Get used to what?" I asked.

"Them, knowing everything about you."

"Them?" I asked, running my hands across the uniforms.

"The principle. The faculty." I nodded slowly.

"Do you mind if I--?" I asked pointing to my clothes, and the closet.

"No, it's cool. Get naked." She said with a laugh.

"Um. Okay." I said feeling incredibly awkward.

"So, ugh, why are you here?" I asked, pulling my T-shirt over my head, and then buttoning up my new crisp white shirt.

"Multiple personality disorder." She said.

"M-multiply personality?" I asked. I'd heard of it, but never met someone with it.

"Yeah. You get three roommates for the price of one." She said with a smile.

"You have three personalities?" I asked astounded. "And you know about them?"

"Yeah. It took a long time, but eventually I learned I had three. Chris, Christine, and Christy."

"So...." I said, zipping up my skirt. "You're Chris now, but like, not all the time?"

"Yeah. Don't worry, you'll notice if I change over, or something. I'll get this weird look on my face, and my eyes will glaze over, and then ta-da! New personality."