Catching Up

Dirk gathered his thoughts, or at least, what he could of them, then quickly grabbed his jacket off a coat rack behind the counter and threw of his apron.

"Hey, boss man! I'm taking my lunch break now..." He looks to Jake as he comes out from behind the counter, standing near him. ".. It's important."

He walks toward the back door of the store and motions Jake to come with him, where he follows. As soon as they're behind the store, Dirk grabs Jake and pulls him in as tight as he can around his waist, picking him up and spinning him.

Jake giggled, as he'd always been the smaller and shorter one and Dirk always used to pick him up and carry him.

Dirk puts the shorter male down and grabs his arms. "Oh my god! Jake! I just- I can't believe you're here just... wow."

Jake smiled up at him, a small laugh escaping his lips. "I missed you too, Dirk. It's been too long."

His cute little British accent was exactly the same as Dirk remembered, just on a bit taller man with a deeper voice. As they stood facing each other, Dirk took in the other changes that had occurred on Jake.

Of course, he was taller but, still shorter than Dirk. He was wearing a sports jacket and some sweatpants with some old sneakers. His jacket was zipped just low enough to see his chiseled collar bone and the top of his chest, and Dirk could tell by the muscular feeling of his arms that he'd been working out a lot since he'd left. He'd also gotten very tan and wasn't wearing his glasses.

"Oh, I'm wearing contacts." He smiled, noticing the Strider's constant staring at his eyes. "I was actually just doing a little morning run and thought I'd stop by to get something to eat or drink before I continued. Who would've thought you'd be working here?"

Dirk laughs and rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah I know. A lot of people like a cute barista, of course they hired me." He says cockily, smirking towards Jake.

"Of course they would." He replies, looking at Dirk. The Strider rolls up his jacket sleeves and reveals his tattoos. Jake's attention automatically and he gently takes his arm and runs his fingers over it, his eyes widening with excitement. "Wow! These are really amazing, Dirk!"

Still a curious little adventurer as always, He thinks as he watches the young lad admire each little drawn line and shade. "Still very observant, I see." Jake'd head snapped up. "Always have been, always will be."

"So, um, we should do something. To, you know, catch up." Dirk mumbled, a bit nervous about asking Jake to hang out so suddenly. "Of course, I'd love to. What did you have in mind?" He smiled gladly, tilting his head a bit.

"Well, it IS my lunch break. Maybe we should go out to eat. We can take my car." He said, pointing his thumb around the front of the store. "Sounds lovely. Let's do it!" Jake says, grabbing Dirk's arm and pulling him to the front of the store.

Oh, geez, he's so cute..