A New Stranger

•The next day•

As I walk down the streets the pouring rain, flashbacks from last night begin. It's hard to believe that the person had to go through, it was haunting enough the way it was for me.

The rain gets thicker and thicker. It's gets harder to see. As I'm walking I bump into someone. And we both fall, with me on too of him.

There is a boy my age, stuff runs down his pale face, it looks kind of like makeup. His blue eyes shine, and with his puffy eyes, and red nose, I can tell he's crying, even when it's raining.

He looks at me, my face, and his eyes widen. As he sees the blue marks on my face.

Realization hits me as the makeup is rinsed off his face. This is the person from last night. This boy... He goes through terrible things.

I help stand up, and reach my hand towards him. He grabs it as he lifts himself off the ground.

"Would you care to walk with me?" I say, he nods, his face being expressionless, but his eyes are filled with fear.

We walk to a little cafe down the street.

Inside, it's warm and smells like coffee and chocolate. The boy is nervous. "I'm Gon Freecss." I tell him. After all, he should know my name.

"I-I'm Killua." He stutters. I smile, trying to show that I'm not at all mean.

We order our food, and sit, quietly. "I'm sorry about last night..." I quietly whisper. I wast prepared for this.

"You didn't do it. Don't be sorry." He says.

I'm not expecting him to say much to me. I won't push him.

After a long time sitting in silence. He says, "Meet me here next Friday at 7:00 sharp." He takes his coffee and walks off.