Chapter 1

"First day of eleventh grade", I said to myself in the mirror, placing my beanie on, going over my attire one last time. A mossy green sweater vest, with lighter green diamonds across the torso, I had on a white long sleeved undershirt below that. I had pulled on a pair of black jeans, along with a pair of new black and white All Star converse I had recently bought. "Today... will be a day to remember"

~

"Yo! Double Dweeb!" That familiar horrible voice called out, I stopped in my tracks, turning to see the one and only, atrociously horrid, Kevin. He pulled up on his motorcycle, I sighed heavily. "What do you need now, Kevin?" I questioned, I tried to sound tougher than I was, from Kevin's surprised look, I suppose it worked. "Ah, look who finally grew a pair." Kevin said, a smirk played across his face.

"Kevin, I would severely suggest wearing a helmet from this moment on whenever you ride your motorcycle. Many dangerous accidents happen on motorcycles, that could lead to severe injury or death." I pointed out, fixing my left backpack strap that was slowly falling off my shoulder.

Kevin just rolled his eyes, revving the engine up before taking off. The loud and unsuitable noise pained my ears to such a point I had to cover them. "What foolishness... who does he think he is? I gave him extremely important advice!" I mumbled to myself, I arrived to school not too long after the... run in with Kevin. I walked into the cafeteria, scanning the room before finding an empty table. Ed and Eddy had decided to drop out once they were held back, they felt that they could start a band together, Nazz had actually joined them, which surprised most people. Not many had known she had dropped out to... join them, she never saw it as something big to chat about.

I placed my bag on the table, this would be the first year Ed and Eddy wouldn't be here. I sighed, pulling out How To Kill a Mockingbird. I had put off reading the book for quite some time now, and I guess beggining now wouldn't do much harm. I had already received my schedule a few weeks ago, whenever we were designated to come to school to receive our schedules and the rule book.

"Yo, dweeb", Kevin's voice rang out, knocking me from my thoughts. I just looked up at him, he had his hands in his black hoodie pockets, which were joined by a pair of skinny jeans, and some black boots. "Where's the other dorks?" He questioned rather rudely, Eddy's voice rang in my mind from the last time I had seen him, which was about two months ago. You're gonna have to look after yourself now, sockhead. Ed and I, well, we ain't gonna be there to pick ya up. Embrace yourself, get a date, got it? Now... I'm gonna miss ya, sockhead. You know my number whenever you need a call.

I just looked back down at my book, remaining quiet. "Hey! Dork, answer my question. Or, am a gonna have'ta pound it outta ya?" Kevin asked, I sighed. "They dropped out, Kevin. Remember when Nazz left? She joined them... they won't be attending school this year." I said, I didn't realize how upset I was about them being gone until I has said it aloud. Kevin actually remained quiet, he probably had left, why would he just hang around a dork like me? "You okay, Double D?" I heard Kevin asked, it wasn't until he had asked that, that I realized I was crying, the tears had dripped onto the pages of my book. I shut the book, stuffing it in my bag. "If you excuse me, I shall be on my way." I said stubbornly, sniffling and wiping at my eyes as I began walking off from the empty table.

I heard the mumbles from the crowd as they all looked at me, I froze in place. That's the kid that lost his friends. Why is he always wearing that beanie? He's never had a girlfriend... He's crying! What a puss! They began to laugh, I had never been this bullied before, but... maybe my friends had just kept me distracted from it all. "Hey~ Edd, got any girlfriend news?" A girl taunted from the crowd that soon erupted into laughter.  The room seemed to start to spin, my chest began to tighten up, my breath was caught in my throat. I had recently been caught up with asthma, which reacted severely when I was stressed, nervous, or when I was enclosed in a tight space. The room began shrinking as their laughs got louder, everything spun around me as I began to splutter. I coughed, not being able to breath. I dropped to my knees as I swung the bag on the ground. I began digging around in my bag. Inhaler. Inhaler.... where is it?! Someone kneeled down next to me, handing me an inhaler. I took it with an eager feeling to breathe, I pressed the button, breathing in a deep breath, before letting go and breathing out.

I repeated this process until I heard yelling, it was Kevin's. "- he was having a fucking panic attack, you fags! That can actually kill people, you dumb fucking dweebs!" No, that couldn't of been his voice... but, it was. The crowd dispersed, and he kneeled back in front of me. "You okay, dweeb?" Kevin asked, his tone still rough, but, I nodded my head. "You dropped that at the table back there, I was trying to figure out whose it was, when I saw you having an attack and... couldn't seem to find it. I hadn't gotten a clue that you even got asthma." Kevin said, I just shrugged. "I had been officially diagnosed with it at the very beginning of Summer", I said, Kevin stared at me for a second, as if trying to make sense of it, he merely nodded his head.

"Just, keep that thing on ya, got it? I don't need the biggest dork in school leaving. I won't have anyone to pick on", Kevin said, he patted my shoulder before getting up and walking off. Kevin was just... nice to me.

(( Oof, okay. So this book is going to be under reconstruction because there are a few minor mistakes that I literally cannot stand, and I cannot sleep for some reason??? So, through this sleepless night and binge of Nostalgic TV shows, I will be editing, and possibly updating, this book and maybe more.)