Jessica and Lauren

Bella's Pov.

As Bella walked over to Angela, she knew that she had some explaining to do. Bella was usually a very shy, so to go on walks and kiss a boy she just met was quite out of character. She turned and waved to Paul on last time, sighing, she turned her gaze back to Angela. Angela grinned and raised her eyebrows pointedly.

" So, Bella. Have a nice walk?" Angela asked, trying to get some information out of her. Bella grinned.

" Yes, yes I did. Thank you for asking."

" So, who is he?" Angela asked, practically bouncing up and down from excitement.

" His name is Paul. He's from La Push." Bella said nonchalantly. Angela grinned widened.

" So, are you going to see him again?"

Bella nodded, when suddenly Angela stopped walking and pulled Bella over to her. Angela's grin turned into a frown.

" What about Edward Cullen?" Angela asked. Bella frowned, she hadn't thought about that yet. She thought for a long moment before answering, trying to figure out a good answer.

" What about him? It's not like I'm his girlfriend or whatever." Angela smirked and looked over to Jessica who was talking quietly to Lauren. Lauren looked back at the two of them scornfully and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

" Jessica will be disappointed, she's been telling people that you two have been secretly dating." Bella laughed in disbelief, she knew Jess was a gossip but she didn't know she had been telling people that.

" Seriously! Why would she tell people that? Where did she even get that from?" She shook her head, she just couldn't believe Jess. Angela smiled kindly at Bella.

" She's telling people that because she's jealous, Bella. The Cullen's didn't even talk to anyone until you got here and now, Edward, the only single, Cullen is talking to you, driving you to school, eating lunch with you. All the attention is on you two, and she doesn't like it. So to get some attention on her she gossips about you two to anyone who will listen. You do know that she's probably telling Lauren right now that you're cheating on him with that Paul guy. And for where she got it from, she made it up like she always does." Bella raised her eyebrows and smiled slightly.

" Is she really that pathetic? So now everyone's going to this I'm a two timing skank? Well that's just great!" Bella said sarcastically while shaking her head in disgust. By this time they were nearly at the car, so they stopped walking and Angela turned to face Bella.

" Listen Bella, everyone who actually knows you knows that you're not like that and the rest of them don't matter. So don't worry about it." Bella smiled appreciatively at Angela.

" Thank Ang. I just don't know what I did to make her hate me so much."

Angela sighed, " Bella, you did nothing wrong, she's just jealous!" Bella smiled and nodded.

" Bella, Angela! Are you coming or what?" Mike shouted out the window to them, everyone was already in the car and waiting for them. Bella and Angela looked at each other and got in.

They were halfway back to Forks before Jessica couldn't keep quiet so she turned toward Bella and began to question her about Paul.

" So, Bella. Who was that boy you were with?" Jessica asked. Bella turned toward Angela and rolled her eyes before answering.

" Oh, his name is Paul." Jessica raised an eyebrow at Lauren.

" So, do you know him?"

" I just met him today." Lauren seemed unimpressed by her answers and decided to join in on questioning Bella.

" So you just decided to ditch whatever you and Edward have and go off with him? We saw him kiss you, Bella. Is Edward not enough for you that you just go running around with another boy?" Angela snapped at this.

" Look, Lauren. You don't know anything about this so why don't you just shut up. Bella and Edward aren't together, so Bella can to whatever the heck she wants! Just because he rejected you doesn't mean you have to be so rude to everyone that just so happens to talk to him!" Everyone in the can looked at Angela in shock, she was just always so quiet, even Lauren had her mouth open like a gaping fish.

Bella smiled at Angela in thanks while the rest of the ride back past in awkward silence.

Bella got back home and started to make dinner for her and Charlie but all she could think about was Paul. She didn't understand how he had this kind of impact on her. She wondered what he was doing right now. She was so busy thinking about him that she didn't even notice that Charlie was home until he was standing in the kitchen talking to her. She nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw him.

" Did you have a good time at the beach?" He said chuckling at her surprise to see him.

" Yeah, I really did." Once she was finished making dinner, she set it out and they both eat in a comfortable silence. Her thoughts kept going back to Paul, only this time she did think of Edward. As she thought about Edward she noticed that all interest in him disappeared. She didn't care what he was anymore. All her focus was on Paul. She was slightly worried about that though.

Once Charlie and her had finished, Charlie went to watch the sport channel while Bella did the dishes. While she was doing this the phone rang and Bella ran to answer it.

" Hello?"

" Hello, Is this Bella.?" Bella frowned, it sounded like Paul.

" Yeah it is."

" Hey Bella, it's Paul."

" Hey Paul." Bella said smiling.

" I was wondering if you would like to go out with me on Tuesday? We can do whatever you want." Bella smiled again, he sounded nervous which she found sweet.

" I'd love to, Paul."

" Great! So, I'll pick you up around 5?" He sounded relieved that she had said yes.

" Yeah, sounds good to me!" They talked a little bit longer before hanging up. Bella turned around to find Charlie leaning in the doorway watching her.

" So Bella,..... Who was that?" He was smirking at Bella as she turned bright red.

" Paul"

"Paul who?" He asked curiously.

" Paul Lahote. I met him today at La Push." Charlie frowned a little.

" Oh yeah. Good kid. Bit of a hot head, But never in any major trouble. So, what did he want?" Charlie raised an eyebrow at Bella.

" He asked me out on Tuesday." Bella said blushing again.

" Oh really. So you're going on a date with him." Charlie said smirking again.

" Yeah. Listen dad, I'm going to go to bed now. Night." She said while heading upstairs toward her room.

" Night, Bells." Charlie said chuckling from the kitchen.

Hey guys, hope you like it. Comment, Vote, Review.

Love ya.