The Sold part 3

I am sorry that i took so long but heres a new upload... i'll have more for you guys in about 3 days! Give me some input! Thanks!)

Chapter 6: Caleb

"Something's not right," I said to Leo. We were on the rooftop of Selene's house just above were her baywindow was keeping watch out for Adrian and the other Soul Collector's "Something seems strange about her powers."

"What do you mean?" Leo asked confused.

"Her powers... I can't explain it clearly but... it's nothing like any other sold soul. There's much more power. I can sense that some part of her is trying to disguise her powers. And do you wanna know the worst part?"

I heard Leo take in a short breath, "Don't tell me." he knew what I was going to say. we were hoping it would never happen.

"Well, since I'm not one to listen to any word you tell me..."I shot him a playful smirk. "But her powers are not claimed by good or evil. Heaven or Hell have no claim to her, which makes everything much more complicating and dangerous." I gave him a knowing look. "You know what this means don't you?"

"Damn Angels..." Leo shivered.

"You bet, the Angels are gonna want to get their hands on her just as much as the Demons want her... I wouldn't be surprised if the Fallen wanna crack at her. They'll know she's the Dark Angel when she goes around now. All they have to do is sense her aura. And her aura is as loud as a damn rock concert full of 100,000 or more people. Its like the big man upstairs wants her to be noticed, but why leave her unclaimed?"

"Well I'd probably guess whose side she'd choose, just by looking at her records this girl's as clean as they can get. Yeah she did her little white lies, had a few drinks, all that teenager stuff, but other than that her soul is clean."

"Not so sure, She's dating Adrian. And you know how 'persuading' he can be."

Leo growled. Like really growled. Reason being that Adrian took his true love Rebekah when her soul was up for grabs. She ended up choosing Adrian. Rebekah couldn't handle her newfound demon powers and it practically ate her alive. now she's a soul locked forever in the gates of hell. It Nearly ripped poor Leo to shreds. It took all put a few decades to finally get over her. Thats when we found Taryn. She was one tough cookie not even Adrian could sway, and she saw something in Leo that made her join us. After her we found the twins Seth and Colt the dynamic duo that thought Adrian was a "sleazy bloke" they like to say since they were from London and they have some terms I don't understand sometimes even though I've been through most. We all formed some sort of bond that's even stronger than that of friendship. We were like family.

"We have to get her away from him now."

"I agree, the best thing i'm looking forward to is seeing Gabe again." I spat the name.

"Yeah his 'I'm an archangel and I'm badass' vibe gets annoying. I am looking forward to seeing you two go at it again. That was one EPIC fight. You two came to a draw."

"I have better things to worry about than fighting that old cheating bird again." I looked down to Selen's room.

"Thats a new attitude"

"She's a Dark Angel. Good and Evil have no claim to her. Heaven and Hell is after her and quite honestly i'd rather she go to heaven's side."

"Don't we all?"

That wa one thing the souls I collected wanted. A chance to be taken to heaven. Since their soul was marked for the devil, they have been tainted, We've been doing our best on trying to redeem ourselves but the angels just scoffed at us... but now i want to give them that i want to save each soul. i do not want them to suffer the fires of hell.

Too bad for me.

"Get the others. This is going to be one heck of a birthday party."

Chapter 7: Selene

I woke up to a huge headache in the morning. I don't know what I was feeling last night but it made me want to die right then and there. I felt like my whole body was on fire. I was scared to open my eyes to find my body completely burned or charred. I don't think I'd be able to take it.

I gathered all the courage I had and decided to open my eyes...just to close them quickly again. The sun was super bright this morning. I squinted them open and got up from bed to close my curtains. The curtains were light so there was still some sunlight coming through. but one thing I noticed was as I was looking around.... everything seemed much more... clearer.

I could see all the dust particles in the air. Everything just seemed much more vivid now....and my eyes weren't so perfect before but now its like...perfect.

I looked at my body and I gasped. My skin looked...luminous. I mean i have cream colored skin but now it looked a bit more glowing. Flawless even. I ran to my mirror and studied my face and I saw no blemishes no freckles no breakouts or anything.

What is going on with me?

I rubbed my eyes thinking it was just the sleep in my eyes. I decided to go get dressed for school. I took a cold shower to really wake myself up and got dressed. Just before i put my blouse on however I saw something on my back and what i thought i saw got my heart beating fast. I went to my full length mirror and saw a tattoo of angel wings...dark angel wings that ran from my shoulders all the way towards my hips. the tattoo was beautiful and completely detailed but....

How the hell did i get that?!?!?!?!?!?

Just then there was a knock on my door, "Selley are you awake?" It was my mom.

"Yeah mom..." I said my voice shaking. "I'm up."

"Is everything alright? You sound a bit shaky dear."

"I'm fine."

"Come downstairs when you're ready then, Breakfst is ready."Then she was gone.

I was just freaking out to the max. What was going on? Ever since I met Caleb yesterday everything was getting all weird... the reading minds... the pain... my parents... my vision...skin... the gigantic tattoo of angel wings that appeared out of nowhere on my back!

i was all for staying home from school but I really needed to find Caleb again. All that crazy talk he threw at me... he must know something. and something told me that he was going to be at my school again.

I threw on my blouse and the school sweater vest to hide the tat even more. And went downstairs to my parents. They were at the table. with just eggs and toast for breakfast, which was strange...it was usually my moms pancakes. They didn't notice I walked in until I sat down at the table. They looked at me with tired and dark eyes that kind of scared me but I just acted normal. They have yet to wish me happy birthday.

"Goodmorning." I said. Trying to start a conversation.

"Morning Dear" They both said in unison. No expressions on their faces.

I gave them a funny look and then my mom gave me her creepy smile, "Happy birthday sweetheart."

"Thanks mom."

"Yes Happy birthday Selene." My dad finally said.

"So no pancakes today?" I asked.

"No dear i simply ran out of chocalate chips today." my mom said simply.

"okayy..."

We sat there in silence for the remainder of breakfast and when i was finished and done with the awkward silence. I got up to leave. "I'll be headed to school."

"Have a lovely day dearest." My parents both said at the same time in too pleasant voices.

"Thanks." and I ran out the door. Something seriously freaky was going on here.