15.

15.

CJ

I lingered outside my apartment door for a few minutes. Lucy was gone. She was gone. She left.

It's not like I didn't feel the overwhelming sense of relief when I realized Quinn and I didn't have to hide in my own home, that wasn't it. I felt that. What I also felt was a deep sense of dread. I just lost one of the reasons Quinn and I haven't had sex yet. Lucy was no longer an obstacle in the pursuit to lay my hands on him, meaning I could break and give in at any moment. Instead of thinking about that, I sighed and pushed the door open.

Quinn was waiting anxiously for me to reenter the apartment. He was standing in front of the kitchen island counter directly across from the door, trying extremely hard to suppress the grin on his cute little lips. I bit back my own smile at the sight of him.

"So is that it? She's gone?" he asked, obvious excitement in his voice. I rolled my eyes, taking a couple steps towards him.

"You look like a little boy on Christmas morning," I snorted. "You could be a little more sympathetic to a man whose girlfriend just walked out on him," I joked. Quinn narrowed his big brown eyes at me.

"You said she was never your girlfriend," he said, no teasing tone apparent. He sighed. "I'm sorry, CJ. But I know what could cheer you up!" he practically squealed, skipping up to meet me. "I'll drop off cheese steaks for lunch if you want? Or you can just call in sick and sleep all day. You could watch Disney movies and eat pepperoni pizza while I do homework?"

I felt myself grin widely, shaking my head.

I lost the girlfriend he hated, the girlfriend that was always in the way, the girlfriend he thought I was going to marry. He should be over the moon ecstatic, not offering to drop me off lunch or let me do my favorite things. I was joking about him being more sympathetic, but Quinn was being genuine.

I let my smile grow as I walked closer to him, he gave me a questioning look before squealing and giggling on account of the fact I had grabbed him by his thighs and placed him on the counter behind us, his hands around my neck as we looked each other in the eyes.

"I'm not upset Quinn," I told him, leaning in a little. "And I'd much rather stay home and do this..." I trailed off, my voice a whisper as I pressed my lips against his, tugging on his lower lip as I leaned against him, pushing his skinny body down with ease until he was lying flat on the counter, his lips hungrily attacking my own in the best way. I liked the way we fit together, the way we seemed to just fall into each other's company with such ease. I liked the way he kissed me like it was his last kiss with anyone and I definitely liked the way his hands roamed all over my body, memorizing me.

What I did not like was my phone ringing. Groaning, I grabbed it from the counter, gave Quinn a small peck on the lips and answered it.

"What?" I barked into the phone, my eyes on Quinn's. He was smiling and rolling his lip between his teeth and it was so god damn cute I had a hard time realizing I was still on the phone.

"Whaddya mean what? Get your ass to the station, you have a job CJ!"

The sound of Boggs' voice snapped me out of the lovesick trance Quinn had me locked in. I pushed myself off him, off the counter, and began stripping off all my clothes.

"Fuck, I'm coming, be there in five," I told him, hanging up the phone, tossing it on the couch and pulling off my t-shirt. My sweatpants were already on the floor somewhere.

"I didn't expect a strip tease this morning, but I'm not opposed to it," I heard Quinn say behind me as I frantically entered my room and began pulling on my uniform. I glanced over to the doorway he was leaning in. He eyed me seductively and I fought the urge to grab him around the waist and throw him on the bed. He was just wearing boxers and my t-shirt, meaning you couldn't see the boxers.