Thirteen

How has Tyler been since I left? Should I give him a call? Leave him a text? Give him a call and leave him a text? If I did both, he could then track me down from the location of the call using the GPS app that he had on his phone...

     A look of panic came across my face. Shit, shit, shit. Tyler could use the app on his phone to find my location and come and get me and he could use me as bait to hurt Luke and oh my god-

     "Rose?" asked Luke, standing in front of me, waving his hand slightly. "Are you okay in there? You look like you're gonna freak out."

     "Me?" I asked, laughing nervously. Luke nodded, his eyebrows furrowing in concern. He brushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear as I put down Bells. She trotted over to her doggy bed, did a circle, then laid down, closing her chocolate-brown eyes. "I just remembered that Tyler had inserted a chip in my phone that he could track using a GPS app on his phone? Oops?"

     His eyes narrowed, turning a slight amber, making me jump slightly. "How come he put a tracking chip in your phone?"

     I gulped, ready for a bad reaction. "If I ever ran away, he'd use the chip to navigate where I am, then he'd come and take me home. But in this case, he plans to take me hostage and use me as bait to kill you. I know this because you've told me."

     Luke chuckled darkly, backing away from me, beginning to pace. "He's not taking you. Ever. Not on my watch."

     I tried to protest. "You can't guarantee that! You'll just makes things even worse than they were before! Can't you see? He tricking you! He wants to kidnap me to kill you! Everything is perfectly falling into his plan! I can't and I don't want to see you dead! It pains me to even think of you laying still on the ground!"

     This made his actions cease. He was pacing across the floor in front of me, and I stood, watching him and protesting against him. He had been running his hands through his hair, messing it up and making him look more attractive.

     His gaze fixated itself on me, making me freeze, his eyes a sharp amber color. "He's not going to take you, Rose. I promise you this. He's not going to take you."

     I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Promises were made to be broken. Tyler has made me many promises, but fulfilled none. They meant nothing to him while they meant so much to me."

     I bit down on my lip, closing my eyes, trying to resist the urge to cry. All those promises Tyler had made me...he didn't even care about them. He just threw them to the side like they meant nothing all. And they didn't mean anything to him. Luke's my boyfriend; he'd care, right?

     Wait...what even are we? Are we...together?

     "I have a question," I said quietly, seeing his chest heave heavily, angry at the thought of Tyler.  "What are we, Luke? Are we, like, boyfriend and girlfriend now or...?"

     His hard gaze softened, his stiff figure becoming less tense. This made me calm down just a little, knowing that his anger was going down.

     "Only if you want us to be," said Luke, bowing his head down. I felt a small smile appear on my lips. I walked toward him, lifting up his chin and seeing eyes threatening to spill. "If we're together, there are more chances of you getting hurt or killed. I really don't wanna see you lying in a hospital bed, barely gripping onto the rope of life."

     "Lukey," I said quietly, snaking my arms around his torso, resting my cheek on his chest. He did the same, resting his cheek on my head, "even if I do get hurt, I would for you. You're my one and only, Luke. I want you to stay alive."