Six

Luke and I were seated at the dining table, eating our yummy pancakes with scrambled eggs and sausage. (I'm sorry if I made you hungry. XD) I had a glass of milk to wash everything down while he had a cup of orange juice. His fork blandly poked the food, his eyes staring down at it. I furrowed my eyebrows, giving him a concerned look.

     "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, laying my free hand on top of his, feeling that ever-present spark that was between the skin. "Is something wrong?"

     "No, nothing's wrong," said Luke, a tint of disbelief in his voice. I shook my head, finishing the rest of my breakfast and milk, picking up the empty plate and glass. I took them over to the sink, resting them in it and washing it off. I dried my hands and went back over to him, resting my hands on his shoulders, my thumbs softly rubbing them.

     "Something is wrong, Luke." He sighed, putting down his fork and leaning back his neck going back so I could see his face. "I could hear the lying tone in your voice. What's wrong, Lukey?"

     He let out another sigh, tilting his face away from mine. "I'm afraid that he would come and find you and take you away from me." My heart fluttered. "I don't want you to go away. You're technically a drug to me. I need to be with you and be near you and protect you at all times. If anything happened to you..."

     "Hey, I'm still here." I pressed a comforting kiss on top of his head, a blush erupting on his and my cheeks. I sometimes do things without realizing it after a few seconds. "I'm pretty sure I'll be here a while, so don't you worry, mister."

     My lips pressed another kiss on top of his head, giving him a pat on the shoulder before walking over to the couch, sitting down on it, feeling myself bounce a little. I took the TV remote and switched it on, doing a fist pump when I saw that NCIS was on. This show has been my favorite ever when it aired on TV. Been in love with it since then.

     Luke came into the living room a few seconds after I turned the TV on, his blue eyes trained on his iPhone as he sat down next to me, leaning his head on my shoulder. I blushed, continuing to watch the show. My eyes flickered down to his phone for a few seconds, wondering what he was doing.

     "What are you doing?" I asked him, one of my hands interlocking with his, my thumb rubbing at the skin. I heard a low growl come out of his mouth, his blue eyes slowly turning to amber.

     "Just reading a text from somebody," he said, the growl lingering. "Let's just say that your brother is threatening me that he is going to come and find you and kill me. We need to do something... How about covering your scent?" A smirk grew onto his face. "How about we cover your scent with mine?"

     A blush grew onto my cheeks, making my hand subconsciously go up and cover the growing smile. "W-Why would you want my scent to be like yours?" My eyes turned to him, seeing his eyes were a mix between blue and amber. They were beautiful.

     The smirk on his face grew as he continued. "So Tyler can't find you and take you away. You are special to me, Rosie. You are a beautiful human being that doesn't need a beaten body. I care enough to make sure you're safe. Your life is in good hands, I promise."

     "Pinky-promise?" I held out my pinky, rolling my eyes at myself. He chuckled, his pinky locking with mine and gave it a little shake. "I hope you can keep telling me those things. I don't hear them much."

     His eyebrows furrow, his eyes filling up with sadness and disappoint. "You don't? Not even once?"

     I shook my head no, sadness turning into deep sorrow. "No, not even once." I closed my eyes, feeling tears slowly rise. "I used to hear them all the time from Mom and Dad, but they're not here anymore, meaning I don't get compliments  that much. I get some from Summer and rarely Tyler," I smiled a little, "but now I'm getting them from you. Thank you."