Chapter 4

FIY. A lot of buildings and places in this story will be fictional. Don't try finding them on Google, chances are they don't exist!

---

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?" 

Nathaniel groaned and rolled over. If he ignored her enough, she'll probably stop pestering him and eventually leave. That's what they usually do anyways. He didn't bother to reply and settled back into the sheets. Although he couldn't remember the sex- which most-likely meant that it was less than satisfying- she probably had a sexy body to make up for it. 

"Wait..." So last-night's-conquest finally realized that she wasn't in her own room.

 "Fuck, fuck, shit, crap... Nathaniel Crawford?" She screeched, "What the hell am I doing in your bed?" 

Nathaniel finally decided to roll over and open his eyes. Sitting in front of him in only a black lace bra was the one and only: Anna Verames. Understanding suddenly dawned on him and the memories of last night finally flooded over him. The only reason why he couldn't remember having sex was because he didn't have sex. 

"Did uh, you and I, do...?" Anna stared at him in a confused stupor arms hanging loosely over his gray comforter. 

"Sex?" He squinted at Anna. The open window casted a glow around her bed-head hair and gave her an ethereal-angelic look. He couldn't possibly see her as the type of girl who screwed the guy on the first date. But then again, he didn't know her that well either. 

"Of course we had sex," Nathaniel gave himself a high-five and watched the girl in front of him gape in shock. 

"Wh-what?" Anna couldn't believe it. It wasn't like she was a virgin but she had no memories of sleeping with Nathaniel. All she remembered was getting into her car and telling him directions and....Oh. My. God. "DID YOU RAPE ME?" 

"No, I didn't," Nathaniel said smoothly, watching in thinly veiled humor as Anna tried to think the events of last night over, "I wouldn't go down to that level." 

"But all I remember is falling asleep," She accused and folded her arms over her chest, "What the hell did you do?" 

His eyes wandered unwillingly to Anna's chest before realizing that things were quickly getting out of hand, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. We didn't have sex okay? I would never do anything like that." He stood up and walked to the bathroom in only a pair of Calvin Klein boxers. Anna gulped as her eyes traced over his Adonis belt and along his abs. 

Regaining composure, she hollered, "You're a caveman!" 

"I'm not a caveman at all," He replied, cranking on the AC, "What part of this says 'caveman'?" Suddenly the draft blew against Anna's bare back and she yelped in surprise. 

"Why am I naked? Who undressed me?" Anna fired, wrapping the sheets around her chest until she felt like her dignity was well protected. 

Nathaniel didn't skip a beat, "You're not entirely naked and I did." He pulled on a shirt and some slacks before tossing the girl on his bed one of his t-shirts. 

"That's not helping you in my books," Anna huffed, slightly put off at the man's casual tone. She reluctantly dressed herself in the soft shirt and breathed the subtle scent of his cologne.

Her cheeks burned at the thought that Nathaniel had looked at her so... intimately. The idea that he had seen more of her than what she had seen of him set her on edge. 

The shirt landed a few inches down her thigh and the sleeves softly draped over her shoulders. Her feet padded over the cold floor into the main living area. There was  a kitchen to her right and to her left, a full wall of floor to ceiling windows that gave her a glowing view of the New York skyline.