"I see you're making yourself some new friends. What was his name, again?"

"...Gabriel? He was just here."

"Right, sorry. So you two are... friends, than." She stated more than asked.

"Yup. Just friends. He's straight." Immediatly she relaxed and smiled. Here we go.

"Oh, good. So how come you and Kim didn't work out? You were such a cute couple." Great, let's just bring all those memories back.

"We just didn't, I don't know. We grew apart I guess."

"Oh don't worry, you'll find another girl soon."

The front door opened before we could continue this conversation, thank god. I turned and saw Emily walking in, looking very upset. Oh no.

"Emily, you've joined us. Come, sit. It's still warm."

"In a minute, I'll be right there." She walked upstairs, leaving us in silence. Shit, something happened. Time for me to be a good brother.

"Uhh, I'll be right back mom. Bathroom." I stood and went up, heading right to Emily's room.

I slowly pushed it open, finding her sitting on her bed, taking off her shoes.

"Hey Jake."

"Emily. Hi. Uhh, everything okay?" I asked as I sat down next to her.

"No." She fell back onto her bad, throwing her hands over face. Oh man.

"What happened? Where'd you go?"

"I think Dani's cheating on me." Woah. Wow, that's not at all what I thought she'd say.

"What, seriously? What happened, what did she do?"

"I... I don't know. She's lying to her parents about being with me, and she's ignoring my texts while she's out with her ex."

"Her ex? You mean Tara?"

"Ugh, yes. God, this is all my fault. I told her I didn't want to have sex yet and so she went and-"

"Hey, woah. No, this isn't your fault. You didn't make her go to anyone." I've been down the road of self-pity. Not fun.

"I really think it is. And then the whole Ryleigh thing, I just don't know anymore." I could hear the pain in her voice. Dammit Dani, what the hell? I thought she was over the whole Ryleigh thing.

"None of this is because of you. I can promise you that, it's not your fault that shes upset about something as little as the new girl. And especially not if she's mad about not having sex, she can't force it. Just like you didn't force her."

"I know. I know, I just... I don't know. This is all too much, what am I supposed to do?" I could hear her voice breaking as she spoke, sobs starting to surface.

"Want me to talk to her? Set some shit straight?"

"No, you'll just make things worse."

"How much worse could it possibly get? You're home blaming yourself over something that she did. That's not okay." I pulled out my phone from my pocket and saw a new message. From Dani, perfect.

Dani: I need to talk to you

"Please Jake, promise me you won't get involved. I can handle this just fine."

"Emily.... okay. But only because I don't want to make you any more upset right now."

I stood and headed for the doorway.

"Tell mom to keep some food out, I'll eat it later."

"Alright. I'll be back if you don't eat today." I shut her door and got my phone out again.

Jake: tomorrow. After school

Dani: ok

Well than. Tomorrow should be fun.

Emily

Ugh. Why does Jake always feel the need to do something? Just let me wallow in piece.

But he is just trying to help. Maybe I should just let him talk to her or something.

I checked my phone to see if she tried texting me, but nothing. Of course not, why would she? Gosh, I'm such an ass sometimes. I didn't even let her explain herself completely. I just kept yelling. Maybe I was just overreacting.

I need advice. But I don't wanna bother Jake, especially not today. He just had like, the best day of his life probably with Gabriel over. I don't want to put him in a bad mood. I wonder if Ryleigh... no. She's part of the reason this is happening. I just have to get through this, I'll be fine.