56. Dr.Chopper

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

Right now, all Usopp could feel was safe, as if nothing in this world could do any harm to him. Slowly shifted, Usopp quickly realized that he was laying on something very soft, just like those white and aloof cloud in the sky, it was nothing like laying on the hammock on Merry. Wait, Merry! That's right, Luffy was seriously sick! With that thought, Usopp suddenly shot up and let out a painful groan, making the two ladies nearby also jump.

"Usopp?!" Vivi exclaimed.

Sadly, what Nami said was left unheard since Usopp was busy analyzing their surroundings, before he came to the conclusion that they weren't on Merry. That was when the sniper realized the other two presences that were inside the room with him; perhaps Usopp's worry had gotten the best of him. Suddenly, the pain in the shoulder arched up again, making him give off some kind of whine while holding the wound. After the pain was gone, Usopp looked at his injured shoulder, which was covered by bandages, with his eyes full of confusion. When did he get this injury? The sniper then turned to the two ladies, searching for his answer.

"What happened?" Usopp asked.

Nami quickly exchanged eye contact with Vivi, then decided to let Usopp have a quick explanation about what they had been doing. Usopp was shocked to know Sanji volunteered to carry Luffy up to the mountains on his back, despite knowing how dangerous it could be, he might even lose his life. Usopp knew Sanji would be fine due to the cook's high endurance, still the sniper couldn't help but to worry about him constantly. However, the only thing Usopp could do right now was wait and pray for their safety.

"Don't worry, they will be fine. I'm sure of it" Nami comforted him.

"Of course" Usopp smiled.

Suddenly, the door was opened, revealing the owner of the house entering with a small box in his hands. Inside were a few medicines along with bandages. Dalton then took the box to the bed before taking a seat at the vacant chair nearby, letting Nami examine the medicines while dusting some snow on his clothes.

"These are a few medicines and bandages I have found. I hope it can help", Dalton said.

"Some painkillers and new bandages should do the job until he can have proper medical treatment", Nami said after finishing, examining the box, then gave the bandages to Vivi.

"Alright, Usopp! I'll change your bandage, so try not to move too much" Vivi said, which Usopp quickly complied.

.

.

.

.

.

.

- Sanji's location -

Honestly to say, the hike was truly brutal, just like what Dalton had described. After a little over an hour, Sanji finally reached the base of the mountain. He decided to stop for a bit to take a breath before continuing his long journey. Somehow, Sanji had encountered some ridiculous situations along the way. Even now, it was still unbelievable for him. First he was being attacked by those Laphns, Dalton had mentioned, almost got his butts kicked, not going to lie, then he was put in an awkward situation with the hiking bear. Not to mention he somehow managed to save one of the Laphns from before.