✩* ⋆ 37 ⋆ *✩

Scene II

Young America POV (January 9th)

"See you next week 美国!" China waves as he gets picked up by his mom.

I smile, "bye China!" I watch as he leaves. He walks down the street and disappears at the corner. I'm so happy he's my friend. To me, he's very unattainable. But now he's my friend. Wait, I have two friends now! Yes! I smile giddily to myself.

Philippines comes over to me, "hi America! What are you smiling about?" She smirks, trying to tease me.

"I made a new friend. His name is China," I reply enthusiastically.

She gasps, covering her mouth with her hand in shock, "Tsina?! You're friends with him?!"

I nod, "he's my friend, but he says we're best friends."

"Best friends?!" Philippine shrieks.

I nod slowly, "yeah. Why are you so surprised?"

She begins to stutter, "it's because ummâ"I like him." She blushes, covering her face with her hands.

I giggle, "I bet you two will be girlfriend and boyfriend in the future." I laugh as her face becomes as ripe as a tomato. But I felt a slight feeling of pain. I just met China. I don't want to lose him to my friend. What if he doesn't talk to me anymore after I introduce them to each other? What if he ignores me? What if Philippines leaves me? I shudder at the thought. I'm doing the right thing. I am not selfish. And who knows, maybe we can form our own small group of friends.

"My mom's here to pick me up, bye!" She scurries away to hug her mom. Now where are my siblings?

I turn around to find my devil brother glaring at me. I swallow, "hi Can-can."

"Don't call me that," he snaps. I play with my hands, looking away from him.

"Are you mad at me—?"

"Yes!" He shouts. I step back away from him, trying to feel comfort by distance. Where is my sister? "Uni, why are you friends with him?" He growls deeply.

"Who's him?" I stutter.

"Don't act clueless! I'm talking about Ching Chong!" Canada glares.

I glare back, despite myself, "don't call him that!" He yanks me by my hand. Before he could hurt me in any way, Confederate appeared with a wide grin.

"The carriage is here!" She giggles, dragging me away from Canada's hold and towards the white horse-drawn carriage. I breathe a sigh of relief. Canada isn't able to torture me todayâ"I hope.

I sit next to my sister while Canada sits in front of us. The driver closes the door for us and we are on our way back home. Although it's only a ten minute walk, Father wants us to get home safely. I look out the window, trying not to make eye contact with the devil who's glaring at me with his awful smile. He clears his throat, "why are you friends with Ching Chong, Union?"

"Don't call him that!" Confederate snaps. I hold my breath. Canada looks even more angry now. "He's so nice," she sighs, smiling dreamily.

I would tease her right now, but Canada's growing more angry. "What's on your mind?" I ask, sneaking a grin.

"I thought you'd never ask!" She smiles giddily, "today he sneaked into my classroom just to see me! Isn't that so hot?"

I frown slightly to myself. He didn't come see me today. I kind of missed his company. But I remember he told me that he would sneak into classrooms often. I'm not jealous or anything. I only hope that he'll stay as my friend. I think I can learn a lot from him.